Grade my new Micra 1.0 S

Hi there, I bought my first UK car on the 28th, a White 2000 X reg 1 litre Micra S. I just wanted to get some more experienced feedback on what condition it is in, if it was a good deal and general comments from a forum full of people that obviously know what they're talking about when it comes to Micras!

• X reg
  • I paid £1250 for it.
  • It has 48,000 miles on the clock.
  • It's automatic.
  • It's had 2 lady owners.
  • I have a record of every MOT since 2006, passed all except one in 2009 where major work had to be redone, passed the following day. It came with over 1 year MOT up til 20th Nov 2012 and it passed it's lastest one with no advisories.
  • Has 6 months tax.
  • Cd Player.
  • 4 new tyres (dunno about 'new' but they don't look old).
  • It was missing the windscreen washer filler cap.

Spend 2 days cleaning it and removed an inch worth of dirt from under the wheel arches. Has some rust underneath and a few pocks on the body, but very few. The hinges and joins seem to be in very good shape, see photos:

I am concerned about both the power steering and automatic gear box fluid levels though, they seem to be both be full to almost the brim - the car works and drives fine though (done a half hour motorway run in it). Some advice on that??

Cheers.

Looks nice :). Remember, most of the structural suspension bits are made of chromoly. They get a bit of surface rust but it's largely harmless.

Thanks people! It had to be an automatic for my girlfiend, but it drives nicely and doesn't feel like I can't control what gear it's in.

I have found a windscreen washer cap on ebay but not cheap - in the mean time I have put some tin foil on it with a rubber band to stop debris falling down there and clogging things up.

About the power steering and transmission fluid levels - they seem to be full to the top and above the max lines, can someone tell me if this is ok or not and what the fluid should look like? The power steering fluid looks like warm tea when I remove the cap.

As to plans - we are going to use it for about a year after which we'll probably move abroad (we're students), but we plan to use it to travel around the UK and see some places, Scotland too. Would be nice to venture into the highlands but not sure if the Micra is suited to that! Still it seems to have a good reputation for relaibility and sturdiness.

Back