• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Got to start somewhere...

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
My car. 4 years old, 86,000 miles.

big160SR.png

nismo_pete;bt257 said:
very nice start (Y)

should get it dropped on its arse, windows blacked out, will be nice :wow:

I'd love to drop it a bit but it's got ###### all suspension travel as it is, if you hit a speed bump faster than walking, you can hear the suspension bottom out :(.

Only mod so far is a K&N panel filter I fitted last week. Want to get green stuff pads ASAP as well, discs are new Nissan ones so gonna leave them. Hopefully EBC will do their new black slotted discs in the right size soon :).

hmmm, maybe new shocks all round, my 2003 k12 is fine, but shocks are dificult to find ! i got mine out of a side panel damaged k12, but cudnt find them anywhere :(
and my k&n induction kit is on the way (H)

If I win the lottery and a coilover kit becomes available, I am SOOOOO there (Y).

trying to find a coilover kit for these is like trying to get hens teeth, i am sick of searching :( ... if you find any will you inbox me please coz i want soooo bad, and went and priced shock absorbers at nissan today, my advise, dont go !, they wanted £116 EACH forthe front 1's !!!!:suspect: and the rear were £56 each ... i was nearly sick when they told me :p
even the lads who worked there said it was a disgrace that price for standard shocks... so, if you find coilys give me a shout, or even if you find a decent make of shocks to go with my eibach sportlines (H)

Hey Pete, just posted a q about this in the k12 mechanical forum. Having decided to keep the car, I want to replace the shockers cos I reckon at approaching 90,000 miles, they'll be getting a bit worn. Nissan part prices are a total rip but they are pretty good quality. Having said that, £344 for a full set is a bit 'extracting the Michael'. Are 'standard' shockers available in other brands for the K12, just been having a bit of a Google but couldn't find much.

Just been drooling over a set of Koni 30mm springs on Demontweeks website :p...

yer thats what nissan quoted me this afternoon, i am going to try europarts tomorrow and see what they have to offer, but other than that, i cannot find even standard shocks on the internet. just found out that koni make adjustable shock absorbers :grinning:
i'm going to see my japanese friend tomorrow see if he can get them a bit cheaper cause hes a clever man like that :p

and i have eibach sportline springs, 50mm drop :grinning:

Back