Car Failed to Start

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
At work home time 4:30pm i thought ill get the car warm and decided to start the car up. I Turned the ignition to start the engine and it wouldnt start. It would fire up etc but only the key turning noise. I gave it a bit of gas and tried again.. still same problem. My mate who has had a fair share of cars saw me stuggling and got in and kept the ignition turned and pressing the acc every second.

It eventually started up with a grunt but he revved it a couple of times and it was up and running. He said it was damp... Any other ideas? if it was damp then be careful guys! That was my first breakdown since i got the car in Jan :eek: lol

yeah, does sound like damp. i had this the other week. make sure you spray HT leads dizzy and most connections with WD40, this should prevent it happening again

although, thats prevention rather than cure. IF thats the problem, then replace your HT leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm. Get genuine nissan ones, not crap aftermarket parts.

Slim said:
although, thats prevention rather than cure. IF thats the problem, then replace your HT leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm. Get genuine nissan ones, not crap aftermarket parts.

What's a dizzy cap and rotor arm? have you got any pics of these of where abouts they are please?

Back