Got to laugh

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Thought I'd do a simple job and replace a left roof strip that had been missing since I bought the Micra.

So I handed over $90 to Nissan Australia to get one strip which I thought would include all that was needed to replace it. WRONG. Just got the metal/rubber strip but no clips to attach it to the body. Bugger!

Not to worry, trundled off to my see my man at Nissan and ordered a couple of clips, and just to be sure ordered a couple spare which set me back another $20. After a week (ex Sydney) they turn up and after much fiddling I work out that there are 4 different clips (Green, pink, white and yellow) required with 4 separate part numbers and all of mine are green and marked LR (when you get out a magnifying glass).

So after 3 trips to Nissan (luckily they are only around the corner) and a bit of fiddling (no instructions with stuff of course) I've finally got the strip back so I can hide the crappy paint underneath.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
funny... Can be painfull but!
A bit off the topic Nissanmania, does your 13" wheels clear the n14 brakes? i am asking because we have a micra rally car which we need to run 13" wheels, the brakes on the car are upgraded but are on the limit when you use left foot braking!

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Yes the 13's clear the N14 calipers once I did a little judicious grinding/sanding of the calipers for extra clearance (see web album). This was mainly for the factory Super S alloy 13's as the ones I'm currently using have better clearance and may have not needed it. I kept it to 13's for weight saving (at least a kg lighter than 15's per wheel/tyre) and to keep the rolling diameter and hence the gearing down (race rubber only comes in higher profiles for sizes under 17").

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
seen as though the title says gotta laugh. Well i was laughing all the way home last night after having a go at a NA RX impressa. We slapped the **** out of him all up prob three car lenghts. His mates were giving him so much **** was not funny.... Well yes it was LOL

Back