Got my grill done

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
got my grill done at last. Spent yeterday doing it. Heres some pics of how it turned out. Let us know what you think of it......

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 350
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 350
High-Five mate thats top notch work there...

i like the fact you do very subtle mods to your micra which dont take away the original look too much...

did you take any pics at the production stages???

does look very good :) mine is under construction. i just need to filler in the hole that is made by cutting out the middle slat and then paint it.......

i was just wondering where you went to have it sprayed your colour? or was it a spray can(if it was a can thats a very good color match)?

thanks
napster

i sprayed it myself. And it wasnt a spray can. I had paint left over from when i done my boot and bumpers. Dont know how good the spray cans are

Pic 1 is in primer (3 coats)
Pic 2 is in base coat (3 coats)
Pic 3 is laquor over base coat (finish 2 coats)
Pic 4 mesh cut to fit and sprayed black
Pic 5 mesh held in with rivit and piece of aluminium bent to a L shape
Pic 6 Finished

Havent got pics from the very start.......

Attachments

• DSC00080.JPG
    DSC00080.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC00082.JPG
    DSC00082.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    438 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00181.JPG
    DSC00181.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00210.JPG
    DSC00210.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 217
i sprayed it myself. And it wasnt a spray can. I had paint left over from when i done my boot and bumpers. Dont know how good the spray cans are

good pictures.
did you use "filler" to smooth over the holes thats left??
fair enough regarding paint left over....just not sure where to go to get my paint matched

there was no holes to fill. I got the paint matched of the plate under the bonnet. Halfords do spray cans and they can be matched that way. But dont know if they do a laquer in a can

there was no holes to fill. I got the paint matched of the plate under the bonnet. Halfords do spray cans and they can be matched that way. But dont know if they do a laquer in a can

halfords dont have my colour on shelf :-( ive looked (well my halfords dont) but they can make up a spray can if you know the "paint code" apparently.

yes they do a laquer in a can.

even though i havent cut the "bottom (slat) off" i have two holes that need to be filled so i just wondered what u used, but u didnt so no problem.

ive got somethin to use.

cheers
napster

i cut the surround off, so i had nothing to fill. But for the way you are doing , try fibre glass and some izopon ( bad spelling). Get halfords to make the colour. one you give them the code it should be ok. Look at the mighty micra site is has a complete diy guide for the way you want yours to turn out http://www.mightymicra.co.uk/

yes i did use mighty micra for the guide, but i cut slightly different to the way it shows on the site. the mesh is actually of a 14 tonne roller. it was half round and ran up the outside of the exhaust to stop people touching the exhaust. I got it on a site. Well i thought the diy part might as well include mesh aswell lol.

micra.jas ............ what top lip. do meant the very top of the grill that go's in towards the bonnet pull ?

does look very good :) mine is under construction. i just need to filler in the hole that is made by cutting out the middle slat and then paint it.......

i was just wondering where you went to have it sprayed your colour? or was it a spray can(if it was a can thats a very good color match)?

thanks
napster

you can buy spray cans from nissan for about £7-£10 ish. you get paint and laquer for that aswell. just take them your paint code, best colour match you could get out of a tin.

good pictures.
did you use "filler" to smooth over the holes thats left??
fair enough regarding paint left over....just not sure where to go to get my paint matched

I got the paint to do the grill on my g/fs micra from halfords. Good match and then used lacure (sp). did take a few coats of primer etc just to get it nice.

pics are not the best.

Yeh you can get a pressure can sprayjob to look pretty good with some fine sandpaper and a can of clearcoat. Just got to go real slow and use really, really fine coats of paint as the paint gets chunky due to an uneven spray. But yeh it can definately be done nicely.

Back