Chop my grill ? yes or no

b47to

Ex. Club Member
do you think i should chop my grill out ?

i want my car to be different n its the only thing i can think of to make it that bit different

once i do it theres no going back :(

how it looks now

front-6.jpg

and what im planning on doing but with diffrent style mesh

DSCF0065-vi.jpg

hope you dont mind me useing your picture auto- modded

get grinder straight to it lol,just something i can do thats cheap that would make it look different

meh i think it looks better without, i have seen a few open grills on the face lift and apart from Nis's one which was professionally done, i haven't seen one that is neat enough to look good.

thanks for your help think i might just go for it n set a day to do it to get it done to a good level rather than putting it to a side all the time

you need a rubber seal thing that covers the sharp metal where its been cut like anto modded's. i would buy the stuff like that first then cut it.

yeah i agree ahmed im going to wait till ive got all the correct equipment then put it into plan

I think they only look good if they are recessed like Nis' so the actual grill is set back a few cm from the bonnet, this would require more inginuity though.

Shot in the dark here as iv'e got a pre-facelift...you have a cold air feed from the bumper, so how's about going smooth and filling in the grille?Would look different for sure, but means fibreglass, sanding, painting etc etc but just a thought?

get a plate welded over the grills, fibre glass, fillter it and smooth it :) will look mega diffrent! so it to a spare bonnet though!

theres a bonnet same courlor as yours in chesterfield via duct scarrpy ;)

Back