Miccy is off to Cessnock...end of an era

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I have sold my Micra to my brother who lives in Cessnock NSW. I am taking her down on Thursday, yes I will be driving her for the last time. I have sold her to someone who can appreciate her strong personality, fun loving nature, and loyalty to her owner. My heart slumps with sadness at the idea of parting with her, but all good things usually come to an end sometime or other. My brother will be driving her to Gosford on a daily basis down the freeway, I am sure she will enjoy this immensely.

I will be letting him know about this site (her www.micra.com.au sticker is still on her rear screen) and no doubt he will have some questions from time to time as he plans on doing any maintenance/repairs himself.

I would also like to say a big thank you to everyone for your advice and knowledge in the past, and for treating me with respect as a member. I joined the Swift forum and the mentality of some of the members leaves a lot to be desired. Specially towards Swift Sport owners, its an "us an them" attitude.

Anyway, take care everyone, and thanks again.

Micragirl

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Sad to see another Micra moving on in life (especially a green one, I've always thought thats a great colour, though I'm probably biased in that area) but great news that you are going to keep her in the family, I'm sure you will be able to organise visiting prividges from time to time. Also boosts our numbers up in NSW, I've always felt we've been lagging in numbers behind QLD and even WA lately for that matter! I dont post a lot but I've always admired the way you have immaculately kept your Micra, keeping her in such great nick all these years from new. Best of luck with the new Swift (nice car, I test drove one the other day), but if you don't end up 100% happy with her, I believe the new K12 Micra will be out here in November!

Take care and best wishes
Henry

cisco

» CMF Member
Poor Micragirl, its a say day :(

K12 coming to Australia? Really?

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Sad day micragirl but at least its going to a good home. Blue Monster, White Knight have disappeared off the radar screen. Please keep posting on this site about your Swift Sports. I have not joined any Swift site as like you I reckon there is a lot of ****e posted.
You, me and now Cisco being/still are Micra owners and having bought small cars still "qualify" to be active on this site.
If Nissan had only perservered with the Micra in Aussie and kept developing the S who knows we would all be most likely running around in turbo models by now.Nissan are failing badly in the small car market.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

Just got back today from delivering the car to Cessnock. I feel strange, like I have just handed over one of my kids for adoption or something. :(
I cannot for the life of me explain why I feel so devastated, it isn't like I needed the money, or that the car was falling apart, because neither of these things are true. She totally flew down the Pacific Highway, singing along the road like she was happy....ggrrrr LOL....but the worst part was driving away from my bro's and looking back and seeing her parked there, just didn't seem right somehow. I cried for a few hundred k's coming home, but consoled myself with the fact that it will be doing what it loves...Being driven everyday, not sitting here getting flat spots on the tyres. My bro has promised me that when I see her again, she will be better than ever, so that's a good thing.

These little cars get in your blood, specially if you drive them a long time. I don't think I will ever keep a car that long again, geez there aren't enough tissues in the world for all the tears. The Swift is a great car, and I had heaps of fun driving back, if only the seat was a little less hard, maybe some sheepies will soften the seat, I don't know. Good news about the K12, will certainly being having a look at it when it arrives, but I doubt it will have the quality and finish and strength of the little K11.

I'll be on here from time to time, don't be strangers, guys :)

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
There, there. Have a nice hot cuppa and a good lie down.
They talk about men and how they get so attached to their wheels but nothing compared to a lot of women.
You can go visit now and then. I am sure Miccy will never forget all the love, care and attention you lavished upon ( him/her?)

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Talked to my brother tonight about the Mic, he said he is amazed at the little car's performance. (Well I have been saying it for years, but, oh well....). His fuel consumption is 50 mpg, compared to his Prado's 20mpg, he's real happy. He stated what I have known all along, heaps of zip when you need it....he overtook a truck going up a hill with 4 passengers in the car, no problem. I get the feeling he's enjoying his new ride. Oh, and he told me to keep the Swift regularly serviced, and not to put too many k's on it. Why? I asked....cos in 5 years he wants to buy it off me....lol...I guess there's a lot to be said for my pedantic love for my cars.

Anyways, am thinking of a sunroof for the Swift, I can't believe there are no installers here on the Gold Coast, land of the sunroof!
Can anyone in Brissie tell me if there are some up there?

Back