Goodbye

Hello all
Just thought I'd post a goodbye.
We scrapped Muji our little K11 1.3 Automatic today. The gearbox had gone & couldn't be fixed, plus he was getting very rusty along with other bits going wrong.
We are both truly gutted :( he's been a wonderful little car in the 13 years he was with us. We would have kept him forever if we could & whatever we get instead will not be anywhere near as good.
Good luck to you all & enjoy your K11's, we certainly enjoyed ours. R.I.P. Muji.
All the best for the future
Dave

K11 Bangernomics

Good & cheap K11s can still be found with a little search patience & determination. I recently bought a cheap 1300cc four door with just 34,800 miles & full dealer service invoices & old MOTs documented audit trail history.

On target to get five years cheap as chips K11 “(Bangernomics)” trouble free motoring as my sole commute & runabout vehicle. I will put petrol in the back, myself in the front & just drive the thing; ~ without wasting any money on it, exactly what it was built for. That’s what I have been doing for the past 20 years with two K10s and now on my third K11. Long may the K11 “(Bangernomics)” saga continue.

The money I don’t waste on motoring funds a bonus extra four weeks 4star all inclusive Mediterranean holidays every year. That’s what I call a K11 funded bonus result! "A proper job"? ;)

Referance; http://bangernomics.tripod.com/intro.htm

Last edited:
Cheers guys much appreciated ;)
The thing that makes it difficult for us is it has to be an Auto (other half only has an auto licence) couple that with it's our only car & we'd want at least a 1.3 & the choice gets less.
One thing I would ask is, on the later 1.4 K11 auto's is it the same CVT auto-box or is it a conventional torque convertor transmission?
Cheers
Dave

Cheers guys much appreciated ;)
The thing that makes it difficult for us is it has to be an Auto (other half only has an auto licence) couple that with it's our only car & we'd want at least a 1.3 & the choice gets less.
One thing I would ask is, on the later 1.4 K11 auto's is it the same CVT auto-box or is it a conventional torque convertor transmission?
Cheers
Dave
My money would be on the same box ....good stuff methinks......only two moving parts I've been told.

Back