Replacing door speakers - worth it?

madmezza

Ex. Club Member
I've just stuck a 400w amp and kenwood 10" sub in my boot, with a decent kenwood head unit.

Now, I'm intending to replace the door speakers as well - seems like a good idea.

However - can anyone give me a "qualitative" view of the improvement on replacing the bog-standard micra speakers with a set of, say £40 pioneer 17cm speakers?

Also, with the sub in the back, is it worth replacing the rear parcel shelf speakers as well?

Cheers for any answers.

Rich

is def worth gettin the front ones, as you are obviously sittin at the front.

Most people dont really think it is worth gettin the 6x9's though, so most people just get a sub instead..

6x9s are rubbish now. they been and gone. Components are the way along with a sub.

You get what u pay for though. £40 pionneer wont be very good although pioneer are a Top make! A Good set of components (speakers) are from £80 upwards.

Ive got £100 Infinity Components in my front doors and a £279.99 Vibe 12" Active Sub in the boot and its very very loud and very very clear and you hear every note! :)

Also the better speaker will have a Lower Frequency responce to a higher frequency responce.

Eg 30hz - 50,000hz :)

These are a very good set but are costly.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...71-31396-38229&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=

Have to disagree with Andy_S regarding components you can get some resonable stuff from around £40 if you check out decent car audio suppliers and not Halfords. Places like CAD for example

I'm sure Kev will have a nice range of things for sale when he's got things up and running.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

I like the component idea, and CAD has some Alpine ones for around £85 (ALP-SPS171A) which look nice.

Where has everyone put their tweeters (the mid range, I assume, is in the standard door position). There are grills in the B post, but is this a good place? (and how the hell do you get to it?!) - or just mount them on the dash?

Cheers

madmezza said:
Thanks for all the info everyone.

I like the component idea, and CAD has some Alpine ones for around £85 (ALP-SPS171A) which look nice.

Where has everyone put their tweeters (the mid range, I assume, is in the standard door position). There are grills in the B post, but is this a good place? (and how the hell do you get to it?!) - or just mount them on the dash?

Cheers

wire your tweeters up with enuff wire to be able to move them around ,and try them in all different plces using blue tack untill you think it sounds the best,

For the money you're looking to spend, I can recommend these

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4230&cadid=e63f31f801ab2e3dd52778a1d9539753

From when I've heard them, they are superb for the price, but of course, like it's been said you get what you pay for. Can't compare to speakers in the £200+ range

If you put decent speakers in the front, if you're after quality then I would highly recommend some sound deadening, something like Dynamat Extreme. Unless you enjoy panel rattle :p

Back