Good and Bad...

My son is 17 and learning to drive and has just purchased himself a 2003 1.2S. He's been saving money since the year dot and once we pick it up he will be beaming at having his own car, and knowing that he's paid for it himself. We're picking up the insurance tab - unfortunately 'A' level students only have pockets so deep :laugh:

What I want to know is what is good and what is bad about the car? I've only had a 10 minute test drive in it and it seems like a decent little motor. Any advice would be appreciated.

Good Car

Bad Rep

i think the early ones can suffer from afew electrical issues but they should of been ironed out years ago in your car! Treat her with care and she will last for years too come!

Thanks for the feedback.

We picked it up tonight and I drove the 12 or so miles home in it, and I couldn't believe how smooth a drive it was, how quiet it was, and how spacious it was for me who's 6'3" and over 20st. Everything works fine, no rattles or creaks - very impressed.

My lad is over the moon with it.

Spot on - luck of the draw really. Looked at a couple of pale blue one's and a dark blue, but the rest we looked at were grey...the lad wasn't too keen on the pale blue so quite pleased. Funny though, by pure chance when we went to pick it up it was parked next to a pink convertible one - couldn't resist the obvious joke!

I have owned K10 (which I still have), K11, and K12 (160 SR).

They have all been / are fantastic solid and reliable, like Rimski said they just get a bad rep not for technical reasons like a Fiat etc but just I dunno people tend to not like us Micra drivers! They are just jealous, I burnt a boxter in my SR at the lights last night, he didnt look to impressed.

Back