Giving a 1.0L a kick

Just looking for some engine mods that can give a 1.0L a little bit of a kick (hence the title :p)

Is a k&n induction kit worth the money? can you see any difference? haha

I am clueless when it comes to under the bonnet so just a list of things that will give it a bit more of a pull! haha

If you want noise send me the £65 and then remove the top part of your original airbox. If you want a kick like you said you wanted listen to skymera

If you want noise send me the £65 and then remove the top part of your original airbox. If you want a kick like you said you wanted listen to skymera

Noooo I don't want just sound! haha I was just curious if the kit that was in the link would give any more power at all, Im looking for more power definetly!

Noooo I don't want just sound! haha I was just curious if the kit that was in the link would give any more power at all, Im looking for more power definetly!

Even a primera airbox wont give much gains, matt humphris group a rally airbox will be best but the pricetag is over £300 and youll need other mods to see a better gain

Even a primera airbox wont give much gains, matt humphris group a rally airbox will be best but the pricetag is over £300 and youll need other mods to see a better gain

Im not really looking for a huge gain just some things to push it a little more :) to atleast be able to keep up with 1.2Ls! haha

True and it probably is the best. But no normal person would want to spend half the value of their car on a piece of plastic :eek:

I think the most cost effective gains is to improve the intake and exhaust. 1.3 cams give a 5HPish boost. Though I'm no expert in this area

True and it probably is the best. But no normal person would want to spend half the value of their car on a piece of plastic :eek:

I think the most cost effective gains is to improve the intake and exhaust. 1.3 cams give a 5HPish boost. Though I'm no expert in this area

I must not be normal then lol the highcomp engine i built with the airbox attached and janspeed exhaust was ****ing quick and the noise from the airbox alone was just way better than any ive heard. But it barely lasted as it took out my ringlands (needed a remap!)

I must not be normal then lol the highcomp engine i built with the airbox attached and janspeed exhaust was ####ing quick and the noise from the airbox alone was just way better than any ive heard. But it barely lasted as it took out my ringlands (needed a remap!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-pr...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item232046ec8e

That the right primera airbox?

Wasn't planning on doing anything to the engine but I feel myself being drawn to look into parts for it! haha

I must not be normal then lol the highcomp engine i built with the airbox attached and janspeed exhaust was ####ing quick and the noise from the airbox alone was just way better than any ive heard. But it barely lasted as it took out my ringlands (needed a remap!)
By normal, I meant your average Joe :) It probably is worth it if you're looking to spend money on other areas, but for most it's perhaps a bit OTT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-pr...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item232046ec8e
That the right primera airbox?

Wasn't planning on doing anything to the engine but I feel myself being drawn to look into parts for it! haha
Not that one :p
Looks like this:
28i248w.jpg

The top one is your standard Micra airbox, the bottom is an Almera airbox

By normal, I meant your average Joe :)

Not that one :p
Looks like this:
28i248w.jpg

The top one is your standard Micra airbox, the bottom is an Almera airbox

Riiight, thats what I thought it would look like but I can only seem to find they mahoosive contraptions that I linked! haha

My opinion are.....

denso or ngk spark plugs
magnecor ignition leads
cold air filter with arm pipe or kn kit filter kit
kn oil filter or other brand
good quality performance oil
(guys, tell me if i miss out something.....)

if you got money for performance exhaust system, braking system and clutch then everything will be good for you. it will be a big kick! :)

Half?...........Entire!

IMHO, ensuring that its running *right* in the first place is a good place to start. Ensure that its well serviced, all filters and liquids are correctly refreshed, stuff like oil, coolent, brake fluid are renewed. Take a look at the discs/pads - if they are past their best replace them with OEM, or slightly uprated stuff (dont bother with fancy pads such as green stuff blah blah, just get top quality stuff). Ensure suspension components are good, maybe worth looking at replacing bushes with either new OEM spec, or uprated. Again shocks/springs wear over time.

Good spark plugs yes (HGK come highly recommended - but this should come with the good service anyway), but no fancy HT leads. Nissan OEM leads are good from factory so if you want to do something, get a new set if you suspect the old ones are past their best. Newer K11's have coil packs anyway so no requirment for HT leads.

Air intake - only if you are going to do it properly. Just replacing the air box with a "sit on top of throttle body" K&N is pointless for power gain appart from induction noise. You can easily bodge something better together using a K&N filter, a silicon elbow and a bit of drain pipe! Either that or as already suggested, a larger Nissan airbox with decent filter.

Exhaust - the ones on the Micra are awefull, a 4-2-1 manifold with a good flowing exhaust will gain you some ponies. Dont go too large though,

Thanks! Will need to take it for a service soon actually, when I bought it back in august it wasn't long passed its mot but even so I'll be putting it in for a service soon!

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

set of 1348 cams and a porting job dont mess around with expensive leads just make sure yours arnt like a christmas tree with lights at night, and a new set of plugs, but as you say you dont do Under the bonnet probs not much help. :)

i'm intrigued...what compression ratio were you running??. The reason i ask is that we take 70thou from the heads on the cg10 and rebuild with genuine headgaskets and never suffer with any issues with the bottom end (which is completely standard bar flywheel), in fact never had any issues full stop except for a slightly noiser top timing chain. I think the standard bottom ends are incrediably tough, they seem to withstand very high revs without complaint. Any issues are generally because we cant rev any higher..lol (the standard ecu doesnt want to play above 8500k).

As said above, 1300 cams, good exhaust and the airbox mods will make it much livelier to drive,i use bosch super 4 plugs with the gaps opened out (a la EBBDUDE), standard leads and the cam sprockets slotted (not really necessary for everyday use id say) lightened flywheel will help response a great deal but might not be an option if you dont want to go ripping too much.

Thanks alot for the help, quite fancy a peter Lloyd exhaust system they seem to be very reliable around the micra scene :p

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

i'm intrigued...what compression ratio were you running??. The reason i ask is that we take 70thou from the heads on the cg10 and rebuild with genuine headgaskets and never suffer with any issues with the bottom end (which is completely standard bar flywheel), in fact never had any issues full stop except for a slightly noiser top timing chain. I think the standard bottom ends are incrediably tough, they seem to withstand very high revs without complaint. Any issues are generally because we cant rev any higher..lol (the standard ecu doesnt want to play above 8500k).

As said above, 1300 cams, good exhaust and the airbox mods will make it much livelier to drive,i use bosch super 4 plugs with the gaps opened out (a la EBBDUDE), standard leads and the cam sprockets slotted (not really necessary for everyday use id say) lightened flywheel will help response a great deal but might not be an option if you dont want to go ripping too much.

Not entirely sure, 1.3 crank and rods, 1.0 pistons, standard headgasket, 1mm skim, autosprint inlet cam, 3.2kg fly, rev mod, bigass airbox, full janspeed

Back