Geoff W Completed!

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:

"Out of interest does the micra keep up with the xr8?

Sportsclassic.... yeah it does to an extent. It is heaps nimbler through corners so I get the jump on him outta roundabouts etc and he has to play catch up. Pretty even match until about 130 then the big torque of the 5.4L kicks in and he pulls hard all the way to 220 limiter. But he said himself he had to work pretty hard to catch up. Pretty impressive I reckon. He is stoked cause he built this car for me.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Juzzy WROTE:

"Spotted you at Turton rd intersection the other day, i drive thru as you were waiting to turn, red micra, drivers door all dinged up!

Hmmm don't remember exactly. I was probably coming home to the Terrace from JB Hi-Fi. Bought myself some 3 doors down and the new Linkin Park album :) I like.

Ah No... If it was a Saturday about 1:30pm I was on a parts run for Jason from Repco Hamilton to Wallsend twin servos. Was a bit of Fun.

Anyhow beep your horn next time!! I'll wave or probaly stop for a quick chat. If I'm not in a hurry somewhere. I try not to be a snob!

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Power is 110kw ATW on 9psi. Torque was around the 400Nm mark. But running 7 psi everyday. The real noticable difference is torque. Feels like a much bigger engine now.

And no haven't got a lightweight flywheel yet. It'll probably come with the Forged internals motor I have planned. That's the next goal on the horizon.

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Geoff W WROTE:

"Power is 110kw ATW on 9psi. Torque was around the 400Nm mark. But running 7 psi everyday. The real noticable difference is torque. Feels like a much bigger engine now. <BR><BR>And no haven't got a lightweight flywheel yet. It'll probably come with the Forged internals motor I have planned. That's the next goal on the horizon.

I assume those power figures are from another car and not the K11?

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
No mate they're from that car (the Blue one in all the pics :) )

...I didn't get the dyno sheet printed out on that particular day, but I will be putting it over the dyno sometime soon to check all is okay after the new exhaust and running it on the street for a while.

With the weather being a bit hotter now I'm getting intake temps of around the 30 degree Celsius mark. So that'll probably rob some power, along with heat soak on the dyno.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Oh yeah and I forgot to post that I did some calcs the other day after a decent day driving.

Went around 350km. mixture of city driving (150km), highway miles (150km) and a good thrashing up the mountains in Bulahdelah.....

8.6 L/100km how's that!!!! I'm stoked. And that's running rich most of the time too, to protect the standard internals :)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
I would be very interested to see the printout, as 400Nm from a CG13 on 7psi of boost is not at all realistic, which will also sqew the power figures unfortunetely.

As a comparison we have a fully forged CGA3 running 14.5psi of boost and that currently makes 275Nm at the flywheel.

CMF_FRY29T

» CMF Member
Yes it is SSUK. Torque is multiplied via the final drive ratio which is why a dyno read torque figure is always higher and up on numbers compared to a flywheel or stock power figure.

Your 275Nm at the flywheel could be somthing like 275x4.11 for the wheel output, if you had 4.11:1 gearset

Back