Gearbox

No you can't use that gearbox. You'll need the second facelift coilpack box. There's really not that much difference. Also you'll have a less nippy car. I have a 1.4 on a 1.0 gearbox and it does 3500 rpm at 70 in 5th, with around 350 miles on a full tank.

No you can't use that gearbox. You'll need the second facelift coilpack box. There's really not that much difference. Also you'll have a less nippy car. I have a 1.4 on a 1.0 gearbox and it does 3500 rpm at 70 in 5th, with around 350 miles on a full tank.
From memory, that's about 500 rpm more at that speed than my standard 1.4 box. Not a lot of difference in the distance on a tank though, I'm about 360 / 370 maybe. Can get a lot more if I drive grand-daddyish

Oh so not worth doing then. Thank you. Dose that mean my 1.0 is at 3500 rpm at 70 too? Just want it to sit nicely at 70 but don't want to do a engine swap.

What made you put a 1.0 gearbox on a 1.4.

What made you put a 1.0 gearbox on a 1.4.
It used to be a 1.0l engine in it. As I liked the ratios of the 1.0l, I decided to keep it on the 1.4I put in. I swapped the flywheel also as its lighter. It makes for a very nippy car with good acceleration. It's all in my blog if you fancy a read.

Back