gearbox

Hi peeps,

i think my gearbox is on is way out, when the engines cold it goes in gear ok not brilliant put when i worms up i can't get it in gear really at all, when it cold the biting point it really high when it worms up it on the floor.

is this just the gearbox that is gone

Hi peeps,

i think my gearbox is on is way out, when the engines cold it goes in gear ok not brilliant put when i worms up i can't get it in gear really at all, when it cold the biting point it really high when it worms up it on the floor.

is this just the gearbox that is gone

does your clutch slip mate, it could be the clutch , does the gearbox whine?

no m8 the clutch is new and it dont wine and when the clutch pedal is right down and it in gear u can fill the clutch still gripping

ive got a gearbox you can have for free all gears were perfect it just whined a bit but my engine had done 130k so ive just put a low milage engine and box in so theres one here for free if you want it.

Sorry, not really sure how you would check a pressure plate without taking the gear box off and checking it. If you need any help fitting a new clutch, just give me a shout mate and I'll give you a hand.

Sorr yif too late but try this:

Try and mate your engine speed to road speed (just hold the revs a bit higher when you change gear) and if it goes into gear easily then its a clutch problem. Could be linkages too?

Back