Gearbox weight?

Sorry for off topic phill but this is it,
02d9210f-419f-1801.jpg

Frank just looking at the picture is that one a cable speedo or flyby? it's how I received it! Just don't want to send the wrong one to phill

Frank just looking at the picture is that one a cable speedo or flyby? it's how I received it! Just don't want to send the wrong one to phill

it looks like the right one to me martin (Y) that insert should pull out to reveal the plastic cogs

My car is getting worse and worse. I will sort out the postage tomorrow mate! I don't want to scrap good ol bubbles!

It sounds like it is grinding now :( don't know how much longer it has. But you are a hero for providing me with one!!!!

No worries mate
02d9210f-7455-d22d.jpg

But you'll need to use the speedo drive from your box as it was seized and snapped the loop on the speedo drive
02d9210f-748e-2f6e.jpg

So I have to take All those off?
Is it a complex job? And is there any tips you know of etc? :)

it,ll probably take a 1st timer all weekend phil :eek: but its pretty straight forward, humping the new one back on can be a mission till you get the hang of it :grinning:
here,s mine 1/2 off

Attachments

• eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 284
One last Q. How do I remove the nearside drive shaft? Had a look at it and I'm clueless :( I'm such a novice :D

they,re held in with a springy wire circlip which snags into a groove, and if you get the right shape prybar the shaft will pop out with ease :)

Weight is 25-30kgs as stated, would be interesting fo you to open up the box once you get it off so we can have a look how munched it all is?

Ta,

dont do what i did and grab the driveshaft and keep pulling it repeatedly , it all come to pieces like that :grinning:

Back