Gearbox trouble! Has it fallen?

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hey guys, not my idea of a great friday night to be honest with you.

Having gearbox troubles. It happened last night on the way home. Heard a massive clunk sound. Stopped had a look could'nt see anything much, continued on then it clunked into 2nd gear. Managed to make it back home slooooooooowly in 2nd.

Got fed up so try'd getting a new car today, no luck with anything decent so Ive decided to have a look at the Micra.

Now having a look at it tonight I cant work it out. The mounting has come of the gearbox is what it looks like to me. What I cant work out is has the gearbox dropped? The whole engine block is really moveable, I know it can give but it seems to be giving quite a bit. Another reason I think it may have dropped is because the bolts dont seem to be matching up to the holes!

All help on this matter is much appreciated. Thanks guys. Pics to follow.

it sounds like the rear mount has come loose/let go :eek:
there are 3 bolts that hold the steel bracket to the diff, and 1 throughbolt for the rubber mount

I was hoping youd be on tonight Frank. Im just uploading some pictures, let me know if this is what you think it is.

it sounds like the rear mount has come loose/let go :eek:
there are 3 bolts that hold the steel bracket to the diff, and 1 throughbolt for the rubber mount

You beat me to it :p

Mine need changing soon as I can see some wear, time for Nismo engine mounts I think while they need doing.

mount rubbers seem to be intact, It's difficult to explain myself without the picture, because Im not super familiar with half the things im looking at. Give me 5 mins to upload a few photos, thanks for helping guys.

DSCF0200.JPG
DSCF0202.JPG
http://two.xthost.info/micra/DSCF0204.JPG

Pictures arent great, apologies for that, my camera's pants. Can you make anything of it?

np :grinning:, the bellhousing bolt has missed the bracket btw (it needs removing and refitting through the bracket top hole eh) :)

how could it have missed the bracket? you mean somebody put it on but never put it through the bracket?

how could it have missed the bracket? you mean somebody put it on but never put it through the bracket?

yeh, thats one of the 4 bolts that hold the engine and g/box together, they probably fitted the bracket afterwards eh (with only the other remaining 2 bolts) :eek:

right so ive got that top bolt through the belhousing now, but the middle one ( the longer bolt) the hole has sort of cracked open i.e its no good now. Is this a big problem? Is it possible to run it with just the one bolt on?

fair play frank your a legend! I owe you a lot by now! You'll be happy to know shes running like a dream again, thanks for the good advice, I was worried it was going to be an expensive garage job for a minute there! Cheers pal.

Back