Gearbox tip and guide for K11

Lets see..
the gearbox from a 1.0 micra is a fasty one
the gearbox from a 1.3 micra is way too long.
When we put on an 1.3 engine the gearbox from a 1.0 we have a good result
but the gears still are short and the rpm too high..
and the most important for me as i can say is that from gear change to change
we dont have the same lets say "ratio" (the rpm dont fall the same in all gears..)

What we can do...

at first we need two gearboxes one from a 1.0 engine and another one from the 1.3 engine...
we open both the gearboxes..
we gonna work with the 1.3 one...
inside it there is the cogwheels with teath on them that is the gears...we are gonna kept them..
the only thing that we change is the differential...we are putting inside the 1.3 gearbox the one that the 1.0 has...
offcorse with the axis that the teath of the differential they lean (that is the most difficult job...we need to take out from the 1.3 axis the cogwheels and all the other parts then mark the axis..do the same on the 1.0 axis mark it too...then to put on the 1.0 axis the cogwheels and the other parts)
when everything has finished we change the bearings that has inside the box with new ones (i suggest KOYO bearings they last more) and close it..
Now we have a perfect gearbox for a 1.3 engine...it is a lot more fasty but not as such the 1.0 one...and the best from gear change to change the rpm fall the same and at the 5th gear fall less...and the car runns very well..the top speed is less than the 1.3 originaly has but better than the 1.0 has...something in a middle i can say..

The second thing we can do is the same at the 1.0 gearbox holding the gears and putting the differential with the axis from the 1.3...thats a more "race" setup i can say..
the job that needs is the same as above...
the rpm are way to high (than the one i said before) they fall always the same from gear change to change and the top speed is a litle better than the oem 1.0 has...

if we want more speed at every gear even more than the 1.3 box give us (lets say that we have a supercharged K11 or with nitrous or anything above the 120-130 bhp ) in order to reduce the wheel spin and have better top speed
we can always take the differential and the axis from a nissan almera with a GA14 engine or GA16engine (even better if you can find from a GA15 engine...but these engine are a litle bit rare...)and do the same job...

a pic from a differential and the axis
DSC00887.jpg

well ,,,,,,,,,,this has changed the outlook of life
thanks for the valuable info
this nice quite night,,,,............. to hatch some noisy daytime ideas

if someone is very lucky and can find an oem nissan LSD gearbox from an almera with some of the GAxx engines can alwayes take ONLY the differential...
the cogwheel that the differential has on it its been on it whith nuts...we can always take away the nuts and the cogwheel and keep only the differential itself
then we place cogwheel from the 1.3 or 1.0 differential has and place it back to the 1.3 or 1.0 gearbox...and thats it...cheep i can say and easy..

PS: very important...when we place LSD we dont use the same oil...specific oils only or else its gonna broke...

PS2:All of the above can be done also on a most recent K11 with engine that has separate coils on it...

PS3: from the last almera that nissan (i know it as N16) produced the gearbox from it fits at the last K11 (with coils) like a glove too..

Back