gearbox & sports cat?

does the 1.3ltr gearbox fit the 1ltr?

im thinking of geting a janspeed system but i need a sports cat anybody know where i can get 1 from?

thanks scott

im going to do the formula 1000 rally championship nxt year and im getting a full janspeed system i need to have a cat on the car if not its not road legal. the decat is a de-cat, so i will need a sports cat so that is passes mot and scuitnering. if i left the normal cat on it will ristrict my exhaust system and a waste of money?

any body know of anyone that does a sports cat?

thanks scott

good luck passing an MOT with a sports cat on. I failed with a janspeed and a regular cat.

a sports cat is less restrictive than a normal cat and is probably more effecient. so it could pass.
tbh, i wouldn't bother with one, someone on npoc dyno'd his car before and after decatting and it made only 1bhp more.

Why would you ant to fit the 1.3 box, it has longer ratios and the flywheels are hevier (pre-98).
I take it that you are fitting a janspeed system from the front pipe back as the OEM manifold has to be retained (unless the rules havechanged) - if you keep this manifold then it has a cat integrated into it which will get you thrtough a MOT no worries.
Craig

Back