Gearbox refill nut

G

GKY

Gearbox oil refill nut

I think I know where is the gearbox oil drain nut but can't find the oil refill nut in the 2001 1.0 S. Can anyone show some insight about this? Many thanks.

P.S. I am happy with the car so far (this is the fourth day).

GKY

Many thanks, Chie & RIK.

There is a cable connected to a senor on top of the gearbox (it is located far away from the bumper & close to the side of driver/passenger compartment), is this the speedo sensor (or am I look at the right place)? I think I have to take out the air box hose to gain access, ...

Do I need special tool to take it out after unplug the cable??

What about the size of the refill plug?

Thanks,

GKY

my 1.0 didnt have a gearbox fill, i had to use the speedo as stated, all you have to do is unscrew the speedo cable, remove the speedo drive an fill with 3.5 litres of oil. i think anyway, its ages since i serviced a 1.0, and the 1.3 i have now has a fill bung, if your not sure about the capacity you should be able to find it in you owners manual

Many thanks, everyone.

I eventually managed to find the time & get the right tool (a 14 mm hex key) to change gearbox oil todays. It is slighlty more complicated than other cars that I worked on previously, partly due to the location of the refill plug.

I think the previous owner never change the gearbox oil during the last 4 years. The drained oil is degraded, only after 22k miles ... The gears are much easier to change & the gearbox is not as noisy as it used to be :laugh:

GKY

Back