Gearbox probs to come??!!

Hi all..Have just fitted a new clutch..so should be ok for the slipping in the soft sand.
The prob is i noticed where the gearlinkage goes into the box there seems to be a rubber bung stopping the oil pouring out. It came out during the removal/re-fitting and i pushed it back in.
This bung/seal seems to NOT be held in by anything!!!

All appears ok but could really do with you guy's help as to if things are REALLY ok...Losing gearbox oil in Africa does not sound good!!

Many thanks....Kev

Hi all..Have just fitted a new clutch..so should be ok for the slipping in the soft sand.
The prob is i noticed where the gearlinkage goes into the box there seems to be a rubber bung stopping the oil pouring out. It came out during the removal/re-fitting and i pushed it back in.
This bung/seal seems to NOT be held in by anything!!!

All appears ok but could really do with you guy's help as to if things are REALLY ok...Losing gearbox oil in Africa does not sound good!!

Many thanks....Kev

there,s a rubber boot, and an oilseal inside kev, yeh ?

can you aralditie a "bar" or similar across to prevent it coming out totally? silicone sealant/instant gasket to bodge it in place?
just a wee thought..all the very best on your trip, had a wee look at doing this with a mate next year so we'll be watching the blog.

Cheers for that guys...Its looking like i will take both of your advice..(Y)

Yep 6 weeks to go till the off..cant wait..go for it and do a rally next year!!

A big thanks to the guys on here who have given me advice over the past few months..I have also used the old threads to get info..:grinning:

Great forum...keep it up!!...(Y)

Kev

Back