Gearbox problem

Hi all'
I hope someone can help me with this, my K11 K reg 1.3 super s will not select reverse gear all others are OK and it drives fine, it wont even select it when the engines not running, Any ideas please???

I'm no expert but I'd say your reverse gear was broken, lol.
Have you checked your gearbox oil?
Unless someone on here knows something I don't it looks like you'll be buying a new gearbox.

most gearboxes use 1st gear run backwards for reverse so if 1st is fine its either the gear linkage needs adjusting (cheap and easy) or the selector forks in the box are bent (expensive and hard)

The k11 has different ratios for revers/1st, but I know little about gearboxes so this may mean nothing, can you select 5th easily, have you tried a *gentle* blip of the throttle when trying to put it into R as sometimes the teeth don't line up properly, my box stareted going a bit out of synch

mine had the exact same problem just went one day mines a 1.0 shape and it was the linkage, so i would say that, it fells like something is blocking it right?

hope this helps

Thanks to all who have responded.

mine had the exact same problem just went one day mines a 1.0 shape and it was the linkage, so i would say that, it fells like something is blocking it right?

hope this helps

This is just how it feels, I'll have a look when it dries up outside!!!:upside:

Does anybody know if the linkage is the same on a 1L k11 as i have one of these as well..

Sorted this, the u/j on the gearbox end was worn!! I priced a linkage up from Nissan 61.50 + vat (how much!!!) so I've modified it and all's OK.

Thanks again to all.

Back