gearbox noise??

Simonh

Midlands Rep
i dont know what happened i just wasnt concentrating properly i only passed friday. now ive heard people crunch gears before but this was something totally different. was just driving along and went from 2nd to 3rd. so i started taking the clutch out before it was in the gear. big mistake. then i paniced and just dipped the clutch but it still made the noise. so i just put it back into second and it was fine. then i put it back in third and all was well. its been fine for the rest of the day. but the noise lasted like 4-5 seconds and it worried me quite a bit. could i have broken something?

you probs will have worn it a bit extra, but as said i wouldnt worry about it...at least until something breaks properly :D

My first K10 wouldnt engage 3rd due to wear, unless you held it in gear and i on numerous occasions ground the gears and the box still didnt die :laugh: so they can take some abuse.

I remember a while back, I came out of a junction in 1st, shifted up to second, and then I did a block shift to 4th. But for some reason, 4th gear just wouldn't engage. Keep crunching, so I tried 3rd, but that wouldn't go in. I managed to get it back into 2nd in the end, and then it worked fine for the rest of the trip.

Was bloody weird.

I remember a while back, I came out of a junction in 1st, shifted up to second, and then I did a block shift to 4th. But for some reason, 4th gear just wouldn't engage. Keep crunching, so I tried 3rd, but that wouldn't go in. I managed to get it back into 2nd in the end, and then it worked fine for the rest of the trip.

Was bloody weird.

Sure it wasn't reverse :laugh:

Nah. It just wouldn't engage any gear apart from second. Had my foot right down on the clutch and everything. Crazy!

Mine's always had problems shifting from 3rd to 1st as well.

Back