Gearbox compatability

Hi, think my 1.3 SR box is on the way out. Im planning to road rally it, ideally i would like a 4 speed box instead of the 5. Anyone know if all micra boxes (k11) are interchangeable. Help would be good. Thanks. Oh ye, any one aware of the lsd in a auto box? heard stories! Thanks:wasntme:

I'm really confused here! Why a 4 spped box and why an auto? Eveyone I know in rallying (road or stage) wnats laods if gears, all low. The only auto car I have seen on a rally was a merc in the early 1980s.

As far as a box is concerned the cheapest way is a late 1 litre box. It takes thlarger 1300 clutch, but is slightly lower geared. Maybe if you can find a challengr dlower final drive that would help as well

he probably wants to know if the cvt auto box has a slipper diff (it has the same extended nearside shaft spline as the viscous diff g/boxes)
and the 14" wheel coilpack 1.0 (4.5:1 diff) g/boxes fetch megga bucks around here (there,s a yard in brum that ships as many as they can find, to germany for £180 each :eek:)
some g/box info here :)http://www.k11wiki.com/index.php?title=Gearboxes

Back