Gearbox change

Hello all, am wanting to put a 1.0 coilpack gearbox into my 1.4 2002 K11. Is it as straight forward as people say I.e box goes straight on with a new clutch ( which seems to be the same code as each other) any help would be appreciated as am looking to buy a gearbox asap.

Hello all, am wanting to put a 1.0 coilpack gearbox into my 1.4 2002 K11. Is it as straight forward as people say I.e box goes straight on with a new clutch ( which seems to be the same code as each other) any help would be appreciated as am looking to buy a gearbox asap.

Yes it is a straight swap.
And yes will be smart to change clutch as well at same time.
Use the 1.0 flywheel as its lighter.
If you want to lighten the flywheel in the future, now would be a good time to do it, rather than having to take things apart again, unless you are planning to fit it all in yourself anyway.

Just a wild question - are you wanting to do this because you watched my youtube video? Its just would be so satisfying if I knew people are actually taking action after watching my vids lol! If you haven't seen my video, then ignore me lol!

Good luck with it!

Yes it is a straight swap.
And yes will be smart to change clutch as well at same time.
Use the 1.0 flywheel as its lighter.
If you want to lighten the flywheel in the future, now would be a good time to do it, rather than having to take things apart again, unless you are planning to fit it all in yourself anyway.

Just a wild question - are you wanting to do this because you watched my youtube video? Its just would be so satisfying if I knew people are actually taking action after watching my vids lol! If you haven't seen my video, then ignore me lol!

Good luck with it!
Hello bud yes I did watch your video, but it was also a recommendation from a club member who races them. I will p.m you as have other question regarding injectors etc...
Adie

Back