Gear shifter vibration

CMF_Andreas

» CMF Member
The gear shifter on my -94 1.3 has been having a very annoying characterisc for a while now. It makes a rattling noise mostly on lower revs (especially in fifth gear). This can be quieted down by simply placing the hand on the gear shifter. The gearknob itself has nothing to do with it (it made the same annoying noise when I took the knob off and I think the source of the sound is further down towards the lower end of the shifter (or somewhere close to the gearbox)). The return spring, which seems to be an usual problem, is OK in my case.

I found some threads where the same problem was mentioned, but no actual solution to this problem.

And yes, I've asked the Nissan dealer about this thing a few times and they always claim that this is not a malfunction, it's just something completely normal for a K11... Of course, this is something I can't really beleive. But probably I'm not alone with this problem, since they say it's normal. Have plans to get under the car soon and it would of course be nice if i knew a bit what to look for. BTDT-experiences are more than welcome.

CMF_Andreas

» CMF Member
And further, I also checked the pins mentioned in the technical article regarding this problem, but found no such looseness at the pins.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
My gear stick has vibrated from the day I picked my car up new from the showroom. Repeated attempts to quieten it have failed, and yes, was told that it was perfectly normal, its a Ni$$an thing....most annoying though but hey, if that's the worst problem your Micra develops, you're doing well.

CMF_Andreas

» CMF Member
Hopefully that will solve the problem. However, I remeber checking that area earlier without much success. But I might be wrong, so I'll just have to check it again. Thanks anyway Cisco for sharing your experiences, seems like it's a far more common problem than I originally thougt.

Back