Garage of death...

R

ricardo_swarez

Check this out....my parents have just bought a new house... complete with a warehouse thing outside.... with compresor, and jack....No more fitting manifolds in the rain, no more midnight engine changes...

My car to put it into perspective...

19591504.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

A nice jack........better than my hand jack...

76ad4a1d.jpg

A compressor...

DSC00374.jpg

Some big doors...

DSC00379.jpg

Pretty long..

DSC00329.jpg

And my favourite picture... My girlfriend... I said, get on the forklift and i'll lift you up abit... when I wouldnt stop till she banged her head on the roof... all manner of obsenities came out her mouth... not very lady like so I figured i'd leave her there to think about what she's done... been 6 hours now...

DSC00385.jpg

Lol yer, micra tuning shop, i'll ask my mum... infact, i'll just kill her and then take ownership...

ricardo_swarez said:
been 6 hours now...
lmfao. that place is awsome. i wish i'd got somewhere like that. i miss working in garage and not struggling with a trolley jack on my back.

Theres actualy some land with it aswel, its a barn from a farm that my step dads going to make into a house, he's in the building trade, but that warehouse comes with it. I recon on the land we could fit about 40 micras...

lol mate before you use the hoist make sure you get it inspected by a professional.

They're worth a pretty penny so there may be a reason the last owners left it instead of auctioning it off.

Still - very nice pickup!!!

oh man!

you know how you tried it on with me and I said I'm not gay, I've changed my mind!

How about this though for an idea, that corner would fit my bed and desk easily, hehehehe

Has your mom said it's ok to leave it as it is?

As for the land, National Micra meet, bring tents or sleep in the garage, I ain't kinding, that would be mint!!

Well hows about we use use it as something for the club, instead of going to costly garages ;)

Only an idea :p but i know i have some stuff i want doing myself soon :)

ricardo_swarez said:
And my favourite picture... My girlfriend... I said, get on the forklift and i'll lift you up abit... when I wouldnt stop till she banged her head on the roof... all manner of obsenities came out her mouth... not very lady like so I figured i'd leave her there to think about what she's done... been 6 hours now...

DSC00385.jpg

Read it again and it made me laugh more

thats wicked!

you should consider renting spaces out for people wanting to perform some work on their car indoor.

i am one of them, i definitely need somewhere indoor for tinting myself etc! you cant just walk into a garage and ask for a space without using their workers.

nicknamed "the ebay kit"

not seen it on in a while, it's replica Impul bumper with direct fit skirts and rear bumper

Am sure DavetC has a front bumper for sale

Very nice indeed. You could rent the space out for people wanting to use the area and the ramps. There is a place does it aswell.

Its staying mainly the same, except theres two rooms being made at the back, an adults game room and an office, my step dads going to use it to sell cars, but those two rooms hardly take up any room which is sweet.
Ye its in the northwest, its on ormskirk, I live in wigan now, but its only a short drive to were it is, sad thing is, we arnt moving in for a year, as the barn that we will be living is is just that... a barn, so it needs making into a house. But i'll still be able to use that garage. No more engine cranes.. that forklift will do just fine :p

My kit is going to be up for sale when i've found a new car, along with the lowering springs. Dusk maybe having the front bumper, not sure yet

Hmmm Let me know :)

I would be interested in the kit, I think im going to get the springs fitted proffessionally (take the car ask for it to be lowered 35mm - 40mm) then go for a coffee :)

I have 35mm lowering springs that also will be up for sale when i've got a new car

how hard are they to fit?

Would it be possible to have your assistance fitting them (when you get your new one?)

The back springs are easy to fit, the front.. I could just take my front shocks off and swap them with yours, otherwise we'd need spring compressors, or we could just fit the back and the front you could have done at a garage, its up to you, been looking for a car for awhile now though and still not got one, so could be awhile before I sell them. Just so you know there could be a wait.

Im willing for there to be a wait, means i can get other things sorted, however i think if i get them of you i will get them proffessionaly fitted.

Whats professionally fitted? they will do exactly the same as what we do and professionally doesn't mean ir's always done right

Plus, who would you trust more, micra modders who know more about it than Nissan, or a guy in a garage who says he's a pro and may have never touched a micra before

You can buy spring compressors from halfords and someone confident enough and aslong as the bolts arent stuck on should be able to change a set of shocks pretty quickly.

I would take the sideskirts off you most likely.

Spring compressors cost around £15, a garage would charge about £15 a wheel to do.

A bit of confidence is handy but it's piddly easy!! but if you're just gonna swap shocks it's easier still

Front, wheel off, undo to hub bolts (breaker bar is handy here), undo to bolts under bonnet, replace shock, do up the bolts.

Rear, undo the lower shock bolt, get someone to push down on the wheel as you pull the spring out, pop new one in, cause it's shorter will be easy, do up the lower shock bolt.

There you go, thats the quick guide of doing it, if you collect then you'll be done in no time!

That is a four poster ramp not a jack - really will be the garage of death if you think thats a jack!

ok well the compressor is linked to the 'four poster ramp' and theres some rams in each arm that lift cars off the floor... so ramp...jack... the car will be off the floor... and its better than a trolley jack....

do you have room for some form of racing track so we can drive nutters off the road? or can we store animals in the big shed?

also if you need fire extinguishers installing my dad can do them.

we dont have a racing track, but next to the house is loads of fields for farmers and small roads between them so the farmer can get between fields.... his sons drive down it like its a drag strip....so i will be to :p

your house doesnt have fish in it.... but your room stinks of fish......

Anyway back on topic lads, your going to get banned for going 'off topic'..

I'm suprised your gf let u get away with that lol, if that was me i would have climbed down and whacked u round the back of the head with a crow bar!!!

6 hours!!!! yeah whatever!!!!! :p

She didnt let me get away with it, when it started going up there was nothing she could do... she tried climbing down so I just drove it and she fell to her death... her loss... haha, no really, she wasnt up there for 6 hours, about 6 minutes really, because she was getting quite mad and I was getting quite scared of what she would do to me nether regions..

sonic said:
I think I've found my new best friend. :D

pmsl, i can certainly understand that comment :laugh:

would love that in my bak garden (Y)

wonder what your gonna ask Santa for now :grinning:

I have tidied this thread up. The MSC is NOT the place for threats and abuse. Stop it.

If this type of behaviour continues to happen you WILL be removed from the forums.

Back