GA16 Injectors (cheap-ass idea)

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
If i run a 1.3 litre CG on a 1.0 ECU (bosch motoronic post 2000 to be precise)... it will run lean.

now the obvious idea would be to use a cga3de ecu (cg13 wont fit loom) but as nats is a pain and these are very rare would the following idea work:

keep the 1.0 ecu, stick some GA16 injectors in.

would that get the fuelling nearer to what it should be?

opinions please!

also please also post if you have any spare ga16 injectors lying around.

your car will overfuel badly with ga16 injectors, you wont need them unless you are pushing 130hp. My old car run standard injectors and that was modified to say the least.

Trying to get the idea straight in my head, you want to revert a coilpack micra into a dizzy micra or fit a cg13 and then fit all the bits to make it a coilpack engine?

1) revert to dizzy from coilpack. Dont bother as you will need to change the loom and most likely the speedo to get it to fit. This will seriously lower the value of the car.

2) Change a cg13 to a coilpack. You will have to destroy your old cg10 coilpack engine for parts as you will need to fit the crank sensor, coilpacks and some others bits im forgetting. Also there is the small matter of the dizzy size hole in the side of the block.

Third option, get a cga3de and fit it. Shouldn't be more than £200 or so with the ecu

thanks for the reply

what im doing is rebuilding my 1.0 coilpack engine (using the same block and head) with a 1.3 crank, conrods and pistons.

and i need to use my 1.0 ecu by the looks of things, this would cause it to run lean, and i was wondering if i could use GA16 (or even GA14) injectors as a "cheap fix" to get the fuelling levelled out abit

If that's the case a cga3de ecu is needed or a complete stand-alone as i remember ed saying the bosch motorcrapic (artists licence) dont like piggyback ecu's

Mike

if you can get some cheap ga16 injectors there is no harm in trying them out to see if your ecu can cope with them. or pick up a used fse power boost valve to increase the fuel regulation. i take it your not running any cats at the moment as i believe over rich may damage them.

also maybe more importantly do you know for a fact that your 1.0 ecu will make your cga3de run lean? in the case of cg10de to cg13de conversions the 1.0 ecu makes it run more rich not more lean.
btw i run ga16 injectors and they are definately needed in my case(pbv on its own was almost ok.) but i have ga16 ecu and tb also.

how does the cg10 ecu make the cg13 rich?
FSE valve wont work with bosch motornic :(

i am currently using a cat, but i have a spare so if it dies it dies.

(the car sort, that is ;))

becasue the 1.0 ecu was coded to run a bit richer, i dont know why but it does. this is why quite a few 1.0 failed on MOT emmisions with a janspeed manifold when 1.3 mostly passed.

how do you mean fse wont work with motronic? i expect it would still fit if you have the normal cg13de fuel rail/regulator.

ohh i see, well i think my car will probably run lean, my reason for thinking this is when my tb was knackered and it ran lean alot, it was quite un-smooth. When i got it replaced, the car drove really smoothly again, but now ive added 1.3 cams, its running abit rough again when cold/low in the rev range.

i cant see how adding 1.3 cams would make it run richer rather then leaner... but i could be very wrong as you probably picked up im not an expert at all this ;)

either way thanks for your advise and when i got the engine rebuilt ill have a play :)

nizzanz1 said:
how do you mean fse wont work with motronic? i expect it would still fit if you have the normal cg13de fuel rail/regulator.

i mean i think the post 2000 ecus will compensate for any changes the FSE makes :(

you cant be certain a 1.3 ecu would help you though.
has a unichip been tried with this type of ecu? might be worth phoning them and ask if they have experience of mapping them.

thanks everyone who offered advise that didnt involve selling the car, it is NOT an option.

the fuelling does not have to be perfect! i just want to make it about right, my car is and has been running without correct fuelling for years and its fine.

Selling my car in the state the bodywork is in wont fetch me nothing.

i would just like to apoligse as i feel my last post was abit un-fair.

Today i have thought very long about selling my car, and getting a different one (pre-2000 micra, or something completely different).

i feel abit like my cars a banger, with the bodywork in the way it is and it having a slow engine.

but ive decided to keep it, and i am going to rebuild the engine as planned (thanks to knowing the right ppl! :D u know who you are!), but to get the fuelling right im not going to bodge it with injectors or anything (i really dont think this is the right way to go), firstly i am going to see how it runs on my current ecu, as it may run perfectly fine (doubtful however becuase it doesnt run perfectly on just cg13de cams). Failing that, i will have another careful think about my options, but i have plenty of (GOOD!) ideas ;)

thanks everyone whose given advice on this subject! :)

Back