G4 racing coilovers, what do you think?

CMF_Dickie P

» CMF Member
http://www.justjap.com/parts_nsuspension.htm

Hi all i rang justjap in kirrawee this morning and got a Quote on a set of G4 coilovers for my k11. they are asking $1399 for a set.Ceck them out and tell me if they're worth the money. they are similar to D2 coilovers just they are blue he said that he'd have to import them from japan as they are sold there for the nissan march, anybody used them? my car is a gutted pig so ride quality is not what im chasing...

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
One of the guys on here has a set but never fitted them (long term project). I was think of buying a set early next year. If you do buy them let us know what there like.

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
Snoopy WROTE:

"I think it was dodgyharo.

Yeah ... it was me ...

No update I'm afraid - car's still awaiting for engine transplant and the coilovers still on the garage floor. I had pics of the coilovers pasted up in another thread.

Can't say how they handle but they sure look nice and JustJaps did deliver within a 2 week timeframe period. No update / news from them in the process however.

That said, I have ordered the Whiteline camber bolts, castor kit and adjustable panhard rod with a view of dropping it as much as I can over these 13x6" rims:

micrawheels1.JPG

Plan is to stretch factory size 155/75?/13 tyres over them.

Price saving hint - go to Autobarn to order the whiteline bits ... mine worked out as a $30 saving ordering it through them as opposed to getting them from Whiteline direct.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
over stretching tyres is not good idea.
165 is the minimum width for 6" rims. so i would reccomend that width for the 13x6 wheels for a bit of fun.
have a choice of these with low profile side walls if you want to go even lower and for more feedback into the handling/ride etc.

Nankang
XR611
165/55 R13 70H CN
£ 24.20

Pirelli
P 700 Z
165/55 R13 70H
£ 43.10

Goodyear
EAGLE TOURING NCT3
165/55 R13 70H , 4 rib Profile
£ 45.50

or a bit higher profile:
Falken
ZE-502
165/60 R13 73H
£ 27.90

CMF_Dodgy Haro

» CMF Member
Hmmm ...

I've had 185/60/14 stretched on 7" wide rims and they were the perfect combination for me:

Gold1.JPG

Losing an inch of width and going for 155/XX/13 tyres I would have thought I'd get the same result -> 2cm loss of thread width = loss of inch on rim. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Not meant for performance but more the look ... yeah, coilovers were overkill but I wanted to get the right stance / height. Plus keeping factory skinny tyres means no change in speedo reading.

Won't know until I try it all ... rims are +20 offset too so I'm not sure if I can get away with just rolling the guards. :p

Back