Fuse rear screen heater

Hello there

I would really appreciate some help with where this fuse is in my wife's 2006 Micra. I have checked the steering column fuse board and the RHS engine bay board. My local Nissan suggested that there is a board behind the glove box and others suggest looking under one of the headlamps. Can anyone help with this please?

Hi @Greg and welcome to the forum.
Please find the link below and find the area for F13 fuse 10A seems to be at driver side next to wheel behind door on dash.
I must add its not easy to identify without guidance.

You should save for future reference

The relay can be found in fusebox #1 location.
Below nearside headlight on left for UK righthand drive owners.

Last edited:
Hi @Greg and welcome to the forum.
Please find the link below and find the area for F13 fuse 10A seems to be at driver side next to wheel behind door on dash.
I must add its not easy to identify without guidance.

You should save for future reference

The relay can be found in fusebox #1 location.
Below nearside headlight on left for UK righthand drive owners.
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. In my Micra there was no fuse fitted in the F13 socket. It is shown as Mirror heater on the cover diagram. To be sure I put a fuse in that slot and checked all the 10A fuses there. All 10A fuses look OK. This is a Dec 2006 1386 cc auto petrol model. Do you know if there is a rear defogger relay or could that fuse be somewhere else?

Fuses 45 and 46 in the fuse/relay box under the N/S headlight, are the ones for the heated rear screen. The F13 fuse is only fitted to cars that have heated rearview mirrors and is fed by the same feed that goes to the heated rear screen, after the F45 and F46 fuses, (which are connected in parallel) .......

Thanks @John_D for that I did think that the in cabin fuse was rather low amp for the rear screen.
And even was unsure if I had heated rear mirrors as I don't use the rear demister often.
So this is helpful and learned something from this.

Thanks for this @John_D really helpful advice. Not sure how to access this. Do I need to remove the battery or the n/s headlamp or both?
'Just' the N/S headlight. The fuse/relay box is NOT openable, the 'top' that you see is really the 'bottom' and does not come off, you have to unclip the unit (no need to unplug anything) and invert it to get access to the fuses and relays underneath (with no covering 'top')...... Don't you just love the Renault designed electrical system.... :0( (you will find ALL of the lighting fuses in it as well......)

Attachments

• K12 power distribution module.jpg
    K12 power distribution module.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 45
Back