Heater Control Light

Hello,

I'm new here. This has probably been answered a thousand times but can anyone tell me how to get to the lighting behind the heater control unit on this car. My dad has this car and there is no lighting there. I rand the dealer and they told me I need to replace the whole unit? Also, what model is this k12? Hopefully, someone can help me.

Thanks, David

First you need to remove the stereo and vents above the panel. Then theres 2 screws for the heater controls,and it pops off. Bulbs are twist and pull type.

Hi Chris, if it's not too much trouble, that would be great, thanks. I drive a golf myself and don't know where to start. Do you know if the adhesive stickers around the controls can be bought seperately. Whoever had the car before my dad didn't mind it and they are broke in a few places. I had a look on the web but couldn't find any so was thinking of picking up a replacement unit. I can get one on ebay for forty euro with the postage. I appreciate the help, David

Im not sure about the control surrounds. stereo panel is quite involved,but easy when you get used to it. First remove the door seals on driver and passenger side just to the length of the front pillar trims. Unclip the pillar trims,and then the top of the dash can lift away. Remove the 10ml bolt on top the dash,and 2 screws under the vents surrounding the stereo,and gently pull the whole vent/stereo surround away. The 2 screws for the heater controls are then visable,just be careful moving it away to not affect the mech for heater contols. On the back there are 3 or 4 bulb holders,think they are called t20. Dont try to replace with led though as it will blow the illumination circuit.