full exhuast system

helloo, First on this fourm,any way im trying to get hold of a full exhuast system inclding cat, for my nissan micra 2001 k11 any sugestions thanks(Y)

still sticking to my first post (don"t want to #### any body off) its like this want to get rid off the factory standerd one ,and put on a performance system one including cat becouse i dont want to fail the m.o.t emissions test

Wouldnt bother on your 1.0 unless your thinking about getting a 1.3/4 in the future.

I think unless you go custom and source a hi flow cat or have one provided from a good exhaust center your best bet is to get a janspeed manifold, mid section and backbox etc. and use a 93-00 secondary cat (under the gearstick) as these have a wee chance of passing on emmisions on their own and should keep you out of trouble with the plod if you get pulled (most of the work is done by the primary cat on 93-00 micras but as you have a post '00 k11 you only have one slightly bigger cat in the engine bay anyway.).

x2
i put a 2nd decat and 40mm system on my misses,s 1.0 (i did,nt feel a fat lot of difference tbh fwn)

serious ?? a full performance system has to make some diff- in the way of bhp, got to be better than the small ####y one iv got one now

Wouldnt bother on your 1.0 unless your thinking about getting a 1.3/4 in the future.

I think unless you go custom and source a hi flow cat or have one provided from a good exhaust center your best bet is to get a janspeed manifold, mid section and backbox etc. and use a 93-00 secondary cat (under the gearstick) as these have a wee chance of passing on emmisions on their own and should keep you out of trouble with the plod if you get pulled (most of the work is done by the primary cat on 93-00 micras but as you have a post '00 k11 you only have one slightly bigger cat in the engine bay anyway.).

na im gona try and hold on to it(touch wood) 40K on the clock thats nothing cheap on petrol a full tank gives me 353miles a week on 97 ron need more bhp but i cant blow a load of dosh

serious ?? a full performance system has to make some diff- in the way of bhp, got to be better than the small ####y one iv got one now

its got a bit more topend probably, but the same stock system serves the 1.4,s adequately so i doubt if its starving the 1.0 engine by much :)

how about changeing the manifold instead(janspeed)

the janspeed manifold on mine (when it was a 1.0) was "ok,ish", but £200 for about 5hp (and only at the topend) is a lot of dosh per hp :eek:
far better spent on an inlet cam and flywheel imo :)

:k11yellow
and a frankspeed manifold, lol

might sound like a stupid question( but it ain"t)wich of the 2 would you pick 1 stainless steel or 2 a mild steel for the uprated exhaust from the cat all the way back including the back box and would you have a exhaust wrap put around the one you picked.

Stainless lasts longer and weighs less, exhaust wrap you would only consider for the manifold.

im sure i read some where that exhaust wrap you would use it on the exhaust "help keep the heat inside the exhaust so the gases pass through it quicker" is what it said?? also "Stainless lasts longer and weighs less" give me more BHP than mild steel ???.

Sorry s/s is more dense but you use less as the s/s would be thinner so it has the potential to, infact forget the weight issue its probably not important enough :)

Exhaust wrap does exactly what you think it does but there is no point wrapping the wrong end of the exhaust u dig? The exhaust is hottest at the manifold end so there is no point wrapping the cat back if you havent wrapped the manifold/downpipe first and is especially not worth wrapping atall if your running a stock mani.

Stainless would be a personal choice but dont forget stainless is also better for retaining heat in the first place as it is a poorer conductor than mild.

But again i refer you to my original point there is no point spending good money on a 1.0 when you could spend next to nothing changing it for a 1.3/4. Only trying to help cos you can guarantee once you get behind the wheel of one you wont look back, i didnt. (Y)

Sorry s/s is more dense but you use less as the s/s would be thinner so it has the potential to, infact forget the weight issue its probably not important enough :)

Exhaust wrap does exactly what you think it does but there is no point wrapping the wrong end of the exhaust u dig? The exhaust is hottest at the manifold end so there is no point wrapping the cat back if you havent wrapped the manifold/downpipe first and is especially not worth wrapping atall if your running a stock mani.

Stainless would be a personal choice but dont forget stainless is also better for retaining heat in the first place as it is a poorer conductor than mild.

But again i refer you to my original point there is no point spending good money on a 1.0 when you could spend next to nothing changing it for a 1.3/4. Only trying to help cos you can guarantee once you get behind the wheel of one you wont look back, i didnt. (Y)

Thanks for the advice ill keep it in mind, this is got nothing to do with the exghaust but down my local halfords s/s where my mate works he s had a look at my induction kit and said the if i want to pass my emissions test i will have to take my induction kit of and through back on the box to get it through the emission ??? test true or false

thats it, hit the nail on the head ,to much arseing about on there e-bay any where else (cant see it)

well they should have some of the 501 led bulbs in halfords could you not ask them when they would have some in next? if not there are plenty of online shops you could buy from:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5W-LED-Bulbs/
bearing in mind these are quite expensive for this led type bulb ebay is cheaper.

some at the top on that page i think you could use the quad led ones too just need to make sure you have enough room inside your cluster for the leds to fit.

good luck(Y)

well they should have some of the 501 led bulbs in halfords could you not ask them when they would have some in next? if not there are plenty of online shops you could buy from:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5W-LED-Bulbs/
bearing in mind these are quite expensive for this led type bulb ebay is cheaper.

some at the top on that page i think you could use the quad led ones too just need to make sure you have enough room inside your cluster for the leds to fit.

good luck(Y)

wicked cheers(Y)

Back