Fueling for nutters.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Some here may or may not know that I fitted a greddy Emanage to the Silver ST. Well it turned out that at 1.3 bar I was maxing out my Injectors (as in true 100% duty cycle) so today on went a set of 440cc injectors and also a Walbro high pressure fuel pump.

I made the correction factors on the greddy emanage and I can now report saying that I have a fuel system that even a 200sx would consider uprated. Infact the fuel system is now good for 400BHP if the engine ever was capable!! Goto say however both jobs were a pain, the injectors were a nightmare to get out as was the fuel pump doh. But its all done now. Time for more boost!

One test I did do was with the car at idle, and the fuel rail return disconnected it took 67 seconds to fill up a 2 litre bottle. I did the same test after and it took 30 seconds to fill. Thats quite a massive difference.

It will be interesting to see what my injector duty is now at WOT.

All mapped now. Turns out by working backwards (as I never knew the true value) that the ST injectors are around 260cc standard, and also that my mechanical boost gauge under read (which I knew already) so when I thought I was 1.4 bar I was infact only 1.2. Now I have increased this and its running a true 1.43 bar of boost. The analogue gauge says around 1.6 which is quite mad lol. Top end fueling is now fine, and I think now this is the fastest ST I have ever had. I am honestely afraid to go any more boost. I am now sure that the intercooler is not capable of it :) I have been driving it about tonight so tomorrow I shall check all the plugs look good and then keep a close eye on it for a bit to make sure it all stays as it should do.

You're so gonna blow that thing up lol.. i bet its in pieces the time i get round later

Took arnold out in it today. With him as a whitness it did 0.60 in 6.43 according to the g-tech.

I have to strenghten the engine mounts before I goto santapod (one bent last time), and my exhaust is ruined but after both of these ill definately be there. THen I can see how much the Gtech lies!

That ST is something else! After the 0-60, Ed just strolled along.. and it still did a quarter mile quicker than a standard k10!

Definitly convinced me that an engine conversion is the way to go..

It's not an engine conversion it's a differant car... And I can assure you they drive plenty differantly to standard K10's. Ed wouldn't it be best to take it easy with the silver ST? after all ou wouldn't wanna put people off who could be interested in buying it at some point, jus my POV.

I have done some timings
30-110 the old ST took 26 seconds.
this ST takes 16 seconds.
30-100 takes just over 12 seconds.
Also it revealed that I am able to change from 3rd into 4th gear i.e. power off to back on in 6/25ths of a second (0.24 seconds) ;) 2-3 is longer as the change is not so direct but still pretty fast (few tenths of a second longer). Also the exhaust has rotted away, so at this moment intime its having a 2.5 inch system built and that will be ready by friday close of buisness which will be rather cool :) Ill take photos when its done.

Ed

My new exhaust (well the rear anyway)
[attachment=1130]

Initial impressions are good, sounds great quality of the system seems good as well, which is always a worry when leaving your car for others to do work on (which i have never done before!)

Ed said:
always a worry when leaving your car for others to do work on (which i have never done before!)

Know exactly how you feel!! Anyway, looking really good mate, will be looking forward to seeing it again at Jae. :)

TBH i dont know yet. All depends how my finances go this year. I'm just developing on the car really. If the very worse happend, i.e. melted engine parts) I have enough contacts and parts now to fix it pretty quickly. I am just seeing what is capable of the car whilst making sure it runs within very good operational limits. I.e. AFR is perfect and there is no missfiring or knock at all. So yes it is producing much more power but as things stand at the moment it is doing it very well indeed. Ill keep people upto date with progress as it happens hehehe.

Final fact of the day the ST is reaching 60% on the 440cc injectors. That means it consumes over 1 litre of fuel per minute on full throttle. As crazy as that sounds its nothing compared to one of my mates Evos (allen) he has 1000cc injectors and that goes to (at the moment) 68% which means it consumes more than 2.7 litres of fuel EVERY MINUTE at full power :s and were not even done with that yet!!

Its law here to have fog lamp, so the reverse lamp on that side has to come out and the fog goes in its place. I think stuck on foglamps look terrible.

Ed, very nice indeed :)

Can I just ask, are you available/around at all within the next month to possibly do some spraying work for my micra?

If so, that would be fantastic!

Cheers

All that needs to be said about this car is that it is a beast, would say it is better than the black one :)

nice to see shes going well i cant belive how much diffrent the ST looks to what it turned up like, a real achivemnet! Keep Pushing! more power he he, the ST will always be one of my dream cars

lol. Im going on a dyno this sat I hope so Ill be back with some bhp figures i hope soon.

Back