fuel regulator help

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sarge3uk

i think you mount it after the stock one (downstream in the return pipe)
so that the stock one releases anything over 35psi but the new reg will regulate the pressure that is returned to the tank
best not go too high on the pressure tho, i noticed my fuelpump fuse got quite hot when i squashed the top of my stock reg down, to give 50psi

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sarge3uk

i would put the vacuum pipe onto the new prv and try 45psi, then check the fuse (if its hot, you might be working the pump too hard)

frank

Attachments

• 35295.jpg
    35295.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 24
sarge3uk WROTE:

"fitted it straight to the rail today. Works perfect on about 43psi at minute and feels more responsive, cheers frank2 for the help really appreciate it

good boy! waste of time fitting it after the stock reg, all its gonna do is increase the pressure inbetween the stock reg and the new one. keep an eye on the fuel reg every now and then, the china ones have been known to seep fuel through the seals over time.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
turbo

i beg to differ there, imo the pressure will be 43psi from the pump all the way to the new prv (the stock one will be held open).
for instance, if you blocked the return pipe, the pressure would be whatever the pump could supply (prv or no prv)

frank

every car that has ever come into me that's had the stock reg still installed, and then removed has shown a fair bit of difference in a/f ratios, in one instance from 13.1 to 12.4 with the adj. reg still on the same pressure... it's made a difference from my experience anyway.

Back