Fuel Light on 1998 1.0 Vibe

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
Although my Fuel Gauge is working perfectly,the Low Fuel Warning Light is not coming on.I have checked the bulb with a Multimeter and the bulb is fine.Its a new car to me,but I'm sure it was working when I first got it-Any ideas Guys?

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
how low are you letting it get before you decide it isn't goin to work? cause on mine it has to get really low, below empty mark on the gauge anyway.
it is a complete seperate circuit to the fuel gauge in the car. so the gauge may work but there could be a problem in the light circuit.. it is basically a switch in the fuel tank it is all incorporated into the fuel gauge sender.

smidge

» CMF Member
best way to go is by the k's, just try it out when you know you're within 20ks of a servo and when the light comes on away you go

unless the resistive strip inside the fuel tank is buggered it should work fine

(i've got mine up to 550ks around the city before the lights come on)

CMF_Campbell

» CMF Member
Mine has the same problem and it also doesnt go to the top of the guage either. Im pretty sure it would have to be something to do with the strip or the fuel line but if you get under the back seat there should be a round plate that you can remove to get to the fuel tank.

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
Well I'v removed the sender out of the Wifes old Micra (surprised myself how easy it was to do) When I can get her new Micra off her (she uses it for work)I'll just do a swap.Oh the fuel gauge goes down past the red and still does'nt come on.On the old car the rear seats pull up but not on the new one,so they'll have to come out,what a pain. Thanks to all who have helped me-Cheers Mickyh7

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
Well the sender unit did not have the wiring etc. for the fuel light! So I'v swapped it with one out of the old Micra-What a bunch of Penny Pinching ********* Nissan are! Works a treat now! Thanks for your intrest Guys-Regards-Mickyh7

Back