1998 facelifted K11 1.0 GX not starting

Hi there,

I have a 1998 First facelift K11 1,0 gx UK car which unfortunately no longer starts.

It has half a tank of petrol, a good spark, brand new plugs, brand new fuel filter, and a brand new battery.

The strater is turning quickly and I have checked all the fuses in the fuse box beside the radiator.

I don't hear the fuel pump whizzing when I turn the ignition on (should I?)

So I am thinking it is either the fuel pump or the throttle body.

What do you guys think and is either a difficult thing to fix?

I am both mechanically and electrically competent so am not scared about getting my hands dirty!

I just want it fixed

Thanks in advance

Alan

Yeah,

I tried carb cleaner int he throttle body first and then straight after, whilst cranking I tried an egg cup full of petrol and it tried to start but did not succeed

Thanks

Yeah,

I tried carb cleaner int he throttle body first and then straight after, whilst cranking I tried an egg cup full of petrol and it tried to start but did not succeed

Thanks

so its sparking ok eh, the pump (under the back seat) should run for about 5 sec,s if you leave the ignition on
and my pump relay is behind the kick panel (right foot) but facelift may be different tho :)

Thanks Frank!

Is it easy to get to the pump then?

It's not a tank out job is it?

Is there an access panel under the seat and is the seat easily moved out of the way?

Alan

Thanks Frank!

Is there an access panel under the seat and is the seat easily moved out of the way?

Alan
yes
no
yes :grinning:
there,s a big threaded collar on the tank (after you remove the pipes etc)
best check for a 12v feed first tho eh :)

Thanks Frank!

Alan

theres a thread in the guide section on how to change the fuel pump, but its done on a prefacelift.

Thanks for all that so far people.

I presume the pipes on to the unit are on nuts / olives and hence would prob break off on me?

I will disconnect the power plug out of it today and meter it

Thanks

Back