Fuel filler flap conversion (from lock type to popper release type)

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Has anyone done the aforementioned conversion? If so how do i go about doing it, any pics/advice is greatly appreaciated!

If i cant swap the whole unit over i might look into just using the flap and a different way of getting it to open and close

i've already got the lever, cable and flap by the way

i think this should be 'reasonably' straight forward (the famous last words :p)
only saying this my nieghbours 2003 vw passat had a release popper as standard on the filler flap, i had to replace it a little while back...
if your anyway mechanically minded it would be very easy to take one from a 02-05 scrappy passat as the unit itslef is quite small and has a nice mounting bracket, then all you need is to wire it into your micra if i remember rightly theres only 2 pins on the rear of the popper, then all you need is a pretty looking switch, could borrow the passats one it is illuminated red too? just you need a switch that springs back into place like a 'leccy window switch as an ordinary flip switch would be pain in the bum

Hmm sounds interesting, I've got the all the micra gubbins from a Super S which has a flap-popper as standard, i just dont know how im supposed to route the wiring and also if ive gotta drill any holes for the cables from the popper or anything

I'm going to try and fit the lever and cable tonight, can anyone help with the path of the cable? Do a little drawing or explain in detail the route it takes to get from lever to flap and boot?

Cheers!

Back