fuel flap release cable snapped.

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
oh the joy i had when i went to the servo last night, pressed down the fuel flap release and to hear that pleasant "plink" sound as the cable snapped and my fuel was trapped for ever!

so, are they hard to replace?
will i get raped by nissan parts again to buy one?

this is really ****ting me off as i killed the starter on the AE86 as well at wakefield recently and need the micra for getting around.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
you could also swap for a series too fuel flap they rock a key opened flap...

you could always raid a wreckers too most k11 would probably still have the cable but you would need to pull out a fair bit of **** to get to it.

Most of the work is feeding the cable through your car and contorting your hand to get the cable in its final clip.

If you need to access your fuel still you can release it by hand. Pulling the interior carpet bit in the boot forward and reaching behind the metal framing above the arch you should find the mechanism just pull on that a bit and it should free your fuel

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
sweet thanks greo, ill have go this arvo/tomorrow morning.

just a right pain in the arse as it is very low on fuel and had nothing to hand or light to get at it last night.

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Take off the rear trim near the fuel cap inside and manually open it

yeah i had to do that. fuel flap opened, taped up flap so it wont lock, and put fuel in car...
will have to call nissan during the week to get a new cable.

Back