Fualt code P0110 ??

Good evening -newbie here and searching for advice.

Daughters W reg Micra S some times stalls when you approach a junction or hic-cups slightly when on a run. Took it to a engine tune garage who said it was Fault code P0110 "the intake air temperature sensor - circuit malfunction" and errr it will cost around £500 ! :down:
I have been told to try to get one on ebay but I cant be sure what it looks like, asked at a couple of micra car spares and said "get us a picture of it" and we can order you one. I dont eeven know what it looks like. So a double help - where can i get one and what am i looking for?

if yours is the post 2000 coilpack type engine ? most likely a bosch maf problem squirrrells (loads of threads on here :) )

have a look at this thread http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/k11...reg-throttle-body-question.47668/#post-503737
- Tiz my micra that i carried out a fix on for the same problem (T-reg Micra S). The fix for my issue (issue = stalling at low idle speeds and approaching junctions/dipping of idle speed when in neutral and eventual stalling) was to replace the MAF (Mass air flow sensor).
the air flow sensor is actually the plug socket above the part that the blue arrow is pointing to in the pic on that thread :) - if that makes sense)

i got this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-NISSA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a7ec0484

Its a straight forward to swap - but you will need a 5 star security bit set for your screwdriver or ratchet (got mine from Amazon for around £7 i think).

You just unplug it, unscrew the 2 screws either side, slip it out - apply a little grease to the new one around the rubber o-ring, then pop back in the same way up as the old one, screw, plug in and that should solve your problem.
I would recommend getting the EML light reset ASAP afterwards - you can buy an OBD2 fault code reader off ebay for £20ish, which can reset the light, or get it reset at a garage for around £35/£40. all of this is a hell of a lot cheaper than £500 (or £700 as i was quoted in my case)

You can drive the car with the sensor disconnected but only while you get this sorted (this will stop it stalling, which can be dangerous) - although i wouldn't do it for too long as this could cause long term damage to valves and related parts.
i did this while i was getting the parts sorted as i still needed the car - but after i replaced the sensor, i replaced the sparks, air & oil filter plus an oil change (it was due it anyway, but I waited to do these jobs after i replaced the sensor)

hope this helps!

Martin

Back