FS. Turbo Kit

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Hello ppls,
Bought this kit from Tom (who bought from Snoopy), a little while back, and it has been sitting in my garage ever since. All good intentions and all that, but im just too much of a big girl to boost my daily driver. In a few years maybe..
Anyway, i'll give u as much info as I can, keeping in mind I have never had the kit in action as such. The info below I am pasting straight from Snoopy's original thread..

KIT IS UP FOR SALE

Turbo kits is as follows.
Rebult TD04L Hiflowed
PWR Intercooler 300x300x72 Aero2
Plumb back BOV & atomic boost controller By GFB
Manifold & all piping (including dump pipe)
Sump & oil return
Oil catch can
Guages - oil psi (with braided hosing), a/f guage (with o2 sensor), boost guage all autometer sports comp (except a/f guage which is splitfire).
all water hoses, & oil lines (feed line braided)
throttle body with 5th injector
Haltech f5 & loom
Oil sandwhich plate
all brackets & mounts (intercooler, turbo mount)

It made 119hp@wheels on a 35oC day. The car produces a very flate torque curve & is very driveable. Comes on boost at 2200 RPM & hits full boost just after 3K.

Turbo Manifold is cracked, good essential design, just needs refab with extra mounts to hold the weight of turbo.

Willing to post, watever.

Any questions email me. Or ask here..
Offers over a grand.

Pictures are coming..

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
hmm..... tempting.... is that absolutely everything you need?? just after you fix the manifold?? also would that just be a case of welding up the crack?? or would that not realy work....

tris

smidge WROTE:

"if the manifold wasn't rooted and the kit was ready to go this would be a good deal!<BR><BR>pity it won't fit an Aircon car!

omfg.. $1000 for all that stuff is a good deal, good luck finding a highflowed tdo4 and a pwr cooler for under a grand, let alone all the other stuff to go with it. seems that unless its free on this site, anything but an ambi pur is expensive

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"hmm..... tempting.... is that absolutely everything you need?? just after you fix the manifold?? also would that just be a case of welding up the crack?? or would that not realy work....<BR><BR>tris

Nah needs a new manifold. Rewelding aint going to cut it.

smidge WROTE:

"if the manifold wasn't rooted and the kit was ready to go this would be a good deal!<BR><BR>pity it won't fit an Aircon car!

When the manifold is redoone.. simply allow for AC.. perfect time..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
This is a really good kit folks. This turbo is VERY nicely matched to the CG13. I personally rode in snoopy's car when it was running this kit and it was fantastic. Bucketloads of fun.

smidge

» CMF Member
hoping mickey will get his money back eh Tom? :D

i'm still interested, but not for over a thousand bucks.. (but am cashed and ready to go when the price is reasonable)

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Smidge;

That is more than reasonable mate, you won't be able to get anywhere near that for anywhere near the price if you try do it yourself...

This is coming from experience

Sean

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
boy, I thought i was cheap only spending 2 1/2 K on my turbo setup and heres one that is all there ready to for a k! a manifold is pretty easy done, really (currently redoing mine, something a little more high flowing instead of the barrel job ive got now) if you want a top job, talk to mr turbo....

I too have ridden in snoopies car and can also vouch for the fact it was a well sorted kit. Mickeybbb you should really keep it and install it, mine's a daily, family hack is a daily, both going reliably....

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Apologies for the lack of pictures..
work's been a bit busy.. Took these a few
minutes ago, lighting is not best, but im working
2nite as well, so I cant then.
Haven't had the chance to go get manifold back from
my mates house.

Attachments

• 37165.jpg
    37165.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 34

smidge

» CMF Member
life coach WROTE:

"Smidge;

That is more than reasonable mate, you won't be able to get anywhere near that for anywhere near the price if you try do it yourself...

True except i've already got half the parts so can't justify having more over again..

anyway, supply and demand, if no one wants to pay what Micky's asking then i'll give him what i can afford, if someone snaps it up, then awesome! just means my conversion won't be fast tracked...

its clear we've all got different ideas on what you can/should/will spend on a micra, i figure if you're gonna spend mega bucks, do it on something more expensive to begin with (air bags, irs, coils, aircon, awd the list goes on)

life coach WROTE:

"Smidge;<BR><BR>That is more than reasonable mate, you won't be able to get anywhere near that for anywhere near the price if you try do it yourself...<BR><BR>This is coming from experience<BR><BR>Sean

does the red on the fuel rail and t/b make it go faster? :).. always wondered how you'd go about spraying fuel into a micra t/b so close to the afm.. without causing a fire.

just buy it and stop your whinging smidge

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I really hope someone buy this and has as much fun as I did.

In regards to the price, the braided hosing cost $500 on it own.

A little extra info for potential buyers, the turbo was high flowed to suit running 14psi (was rebuilt just before I bought it off someone on redlinegti.com) so it has plenty of scope for further improvement later.

Forget any ideas about repairing the manifold the material is too thin. The manifold was the only thing outsourced (and the only thing to go wrong). Besides the manifold sits the turbo to close to the h/light (I had to trim a section out of the h/light mount).

The red t/body & fuel rail are due to it past (was originally on white knight if memory serves me correct)

I agree with turbo march, unless stuff is free, people will always complain about the price. I you want to play, you got to pay. Simple as that.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
if only i had the mechanical knowledge to do it all myself and some1 in the business who i could get to tune with a dyno it would be mine.... i realy need some contacts in the business... i rekon a grand is fairly resonable.... if you were to try source it all yourself appart from being a pain in the arse it would cost a ****LOAD!! but.. for me a grand is just skimming the surface at the total cost.. after tuning, installing, modifying all that... id be more than broke... hah

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
thx for uploading the pics... however i want to see how bad is the crack on the manifold...

i'm interested with the kit but i want to see what i can do with the manifold...

can you please upload the manifold pics? thx in advance...

Back