Skuttle Body, Wipers gone AWOL

Hi Guys

As i live in a very cold country -17 the mrs turned the wipers on and wondered why they would not work, but instead of clearing the snow and ice off, well anyway i take you can guess the rest.

Motor still works, and now you can move the blades freehand.

I know this has been posted before, but i need to get this fixed asp, do i have to revmove the wiper arms the get to the skutle??,
i take it the skutttle guard is the long plastic bit that surrounds the wiper arms????

Gave it a quick go today, but had no tools and tried to have a peek under the plastic, and make a bit of a pigs ears of it (hope the mrs is not reading this), you try and do it when its ####ing -10, lol

Any help most welcome, with to regards as if i am looking in the correct place, and best way to remove without cutting ya hands to shreads.

cheers

Iain

The motor attaches to the wiper arms via rods with cups that pop onto ball joints.
If both arms are not working the rod from the motor to the passenger wiper arm will have come off. The drivers side is driven by a rod from the passenger spindle.

You may be able to get to it by removing the motor.
If not, both arms off where they bolt to the spindles, a couple of screws/clips to remove the plastic scuttle.

Back