Wipers coming on, cant turn them off

Hello everybody, I am new here and I am hoping to get some help. I have a Micra 1.2 se 2003 and recently I developed an annoying problem. The wipers are turning on the moment I turn on the engine and I can't turn them off. Other times I can start the car but after I squirt some windscreen washer in the front they start the 3 times cycle and after they don't stop, and after some time they stop by them selfs :-/. Another thing that I saw its if I put the indicator on they stop, if I squirt windscreen washer in the rear they stop again :-/. I have been reading on the forums that this thing can be from 2 things: either the Body Control Module (BCM)or the washer pomp has some moisture or damp inside. Did someone else had this problem? What was the solution? I was thinking to buy a second-hand BCM but i understand that needs recoding after the car. Is that true? If yes can anyone tell me where I can find someone to recode the damn thing?

PS: Please excuse my grammar and English I am a foreigner and I know I am awful at writing. I hope I dint offended anyone.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Hi Caius99, did you sort this? It's likely to be the washer pump. It's on the driver's side (UK car), behind the bumper underneath the headlight. Disconnect it and the wipers will stop after 1cycle. Plug it back in and the wipers will start again. Hope this helps.

Hi, I was suspecting this but because i am limited on tools and space where to work i have taken the car to a shop and it was that the washer pump, labor and the new part 190 quid :) expensive if you think the part was only 14 quid :) but cheap comparing with what prices i saw online for the same problem :) thank you for your help :)

Ps: how do i close the tread ?

Last edited:
Back