front window borked :(

hi all

new member here ( and glad to be one )

rolled down the driver window today and heard a rather worrying noise

the window appears to have jumped out of its natural position and will no longer roll up and down

im assuming will have to reset it somehow but have no idea where to start

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers in advance

jimb0

When you say its jumped out of position does the window appear to be out of its channel ? does the winder handle still turn but the window not move ? Can you pull the window up or down with your hand ?

I'd personally remove the door card (2 screws on door handle, the rest just clips on i think. Pull the door card off and have a look at everything. Something may be obviously broke with it. to be honest you can't really see a great deal of the window mechanism but it's probably the best thing to do.

I was thinking that the glass had come free of its clips.

that's the most common cause. just remove door card, pull out the window from the door and undo the window clips from the rail (2x 10mm nuts, you have to raise/lower the window rail to the correct height so that the nuts line up with the holes in the inner door skin).
then use tiger seal or similar to re bond the clips back on to the window, let it dry and put it all back together.

tried today got the handle off - pulled most of the card off - but seems stuck at the top didnt want to force it too much - will take it to a nissan garage and see if they can fix it - any ideas of cost??

jimbofett

the card should lift "up" when the clips are free

Free it from the bottom lift it up as Frank says. It is very easy to do. The door cards on thin ply anyway, it will take a little abuse. If i recall correctly the top has a couple of metal clips which grip round the top.

Give it a pull, it'll come free!!!

Back