front passenger side knocking sound.

weird knocking sound coming from front passenger side. sound only happens when i slow down. eg if im going 60 release the throttle to slow down to 50 or slow down in general. itll make this sound. on acceleration it is fine, no sound at all.

any ideas? thanks in advance

ive just got 13" steelies on mine, only started making the sound when someone was overtaking me so i dropped down a gear and tried to speed up....

It's useually a worn driveshaft or wishbone. More likely to be the wishbone than the driveshaft, £35 for a new one from any good autofactors'.

so i jacked the car up took the wheel off, inspected everything, it all seemed normal.

only odd thing is the nuts for the wheel seem too lose =\

everything is back to normal now anyways. thanks guys

That was probably all then, just loose wheel nuts. I guess it would be more noticable at lower speeds, but surely if they were really loose, you'd be getting a lot of wobbling at high speed? :suspect:

That was probably all then, just loose wheel nuts. I guess it would be more noticable at lower speeds, but surely if they were really loose, you'd be getting a lot of wobbling at high speed? :suspect:

yeah, fastest i go is 60 but it was just a tiny bit noticable. gonna make sure all the nuts are tight when i get home today as i was in a rush yesterday and couldnt be bothered check the rest lol.

Back