Front Cross Member

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
I have a rusty-looking front cross member on my k11 Micra. Does anyone know how much a new cross member will cost. i had it welded up last year with metal plates but the rust just keeps coming back!

Also,does the front cross member just unbolt or is it welded. I've looked in my haynes manual but i can't find anything about the front cross member. I've had a look at the front cross member (the bar below and in front of the radiator)and it seems that the whole thing unbolts (i hope). Am i right?

CMF_jay22

» CMF Member
if the bar below the radiator. im pretty if you buy the radiator support assembly it come with the top and bottom pieces, also i got a qoute for about $400 to unpick and weld the whole section.

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
jay22 WROTE:

"if the bar below the radiator. im pretty if you buy the radiator support assembly it come with the top and bottom pieces, also i got a qoute for about $400 to unpick and weld the whole section.

At work i got quoted £170 (398.49 AUD) for labour (4 hours), parts (front cross-member)and paint (black).

They wanted £60 (140 AUD) to have the cross member painted silver I said 'nah, paint it black' and they said 'it'll cost £10 (23 AUD)to paint it black' a saving of £50!

Attachments

• 26930.jpg
    26930.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 18
Back