Front cross member damage

Hi all,

Has anyone had to have their front cross member replaced or repaired?

Going in for my MOT it failed on it being rusty :( got the front of it welded and passed.

I heard this was a common problem with K11s.

stokefan

Very bad problem with the K11's mate.

Think you can sort it, but your probally be better to get a new one and weld it in mate.

I got it temporarily welded and like sealed to the plastic bit that sits right next to it, as I needed my car asap. how much are people paying for the full part welded in by a garage (I'm useless at stuff like that :( )

yus, i had mine replaced a few months back, bought it from www.sel-imperial.co.uk and had a garage weld it into place. Paid £175 for the welding alone!

its not exspensive if you know someone that can weld,even if its a friend of a friend,get them to do it for some beer money! its not hard if you can weld!

RE: RE: Front cross member damage

Big_ben said:
yus, i had mine replaced a few months back, bought it from www.sel-imperial.co.uk and had a garage weld it into place. Paid £175 for the welding alone!

Sel-Imperial highly recommend :)

£30 something for the whole cross member etc stuff. very good :)

£57.99 to be exact next day delivery pay at the door )
bought one l;ast week and recomenfded it to chie on friday to which he fitted his new one at thge weekend.

he has informed me thjer is quite a few imperfections with it however and needs certain things doping to it for it to fit poroperly etc.

i will be fitting the whole front end very soon to the k11 i have in at the moment. once i get the chassis leg straightened first.
but untill then the rest has got to come off. so. we shall see hoow things turn out. good luch to you.

well i got a bonnet from them and it was there the next day and mint condition...

I got the front member and a bumper from them, both came next day and were both in mint condition. Pay on door too.

However the problem is if something needs returning, i.e. my bumper did coz they sent a non nissan one and it was too long. I had loads of problems and phone calls just to get the money back in my bank,

that's harsh.. why would the bumper be too big ?!?

so dude trashed the front end of my car and the insurance i'm getting off him is about £1200 and all that needs doing is replacing the cross member which i will get from sel and then i'll have £1200 for the engine upgrade yay!

because for some reason you can get your nissan bumpers or you can get another copy which arent the prope nissan ones that dont even fit and thats what they sent out,

that's soo weird. why would some company make a bumper for a car that dosn't even fit?!? stupid people...

Me and Kristian have just done a full frontend replacement to one of my car's (and will be doing a few more), easy enough job if you have some know how, there are a few problems with the replacement but nothing an angle grinder can't sort.

Don't see how it can be expensive as it only needs some spot welds, see if you can find some one to do it cheap or rent one.

yer i had that trouble with mine but coz i am a training to be a mechanic!!! i welded mine myself

cheaper but hard work!!!!!!!!!!!111

Back