Forum upgrade complete!

James

Chairman
If you can see this, it means the forums have been upgraded! :D

Much better version of the forums now, with super-quick replies and a much better modding system (all old mods will be restored :))

Can't explain it all now so have a browse round and if you see anything odd please let me know :)

Also I have got the email notifications working again so you can all tell when theres a new post/pm etc...

I'm working as fast as I can to get the old mods converted, but be assured they will be better when they're installed, there's even talk of LIVE MULTIPLAYER options in the Arcade!

James.

Struggling to reply, had to quote then delete the quote to reply..

Plus avatars are links instead of pictures, was this a choice?

Daz :alien:

I can see many advantages for us moderators with these new tools :) I guess the software makes the forums a bit more secure and reliable, and apart from quick replying being quicker, do the users get any other benefits?

Arnold said:
I can see many advantages for us moderators with these new tools :) I guess the software makes the forums a bit more secure and reliable, and apart from quick replying being quicker, do the users get any other benefits?
Quite a lot of changes actually... here goes...

The following is a rough summary of what has changed between vBulletin 3.0.x and 3.5.0

* Product/Plugin system with over 550 'hook' locations strategically placed in the code. Allows modification and extension of vBulletin without physical alteration of the vBulletin PHP scripts.
* Inline moderation allows multiple threads or posts to be have moderation actions performed without a visit to the admin or moderator control panels
* Completely rewritten message editor with ability to instantly switch between standard and WYSIWYG modes
* Thread title editing on forumdisplay via AJAX
* Thread opening and closing on forumdisplay via AJAX
* Super-Quick Reply on showthread via AJAX
* Inline post edit on showthread via AJAX
* Username suggestion for PM recipients and search by user via AJAX
* Data manipulation APIs (Data Manager) for centralized data saving
* Template History & Comparison for easy tracking of changes
* Database-based thread and forum read marking
* MySQL Full Text Search
* Additional Datastore Storage Methods
* SMTP Mail Wrapper
* MySQLi Wrapper
* PHPDoc'd Source Code
* Moderator log language abstraction
* Webkit support for style manager color picker
* ImageMagick 6 Support (alternative to GD)
* Calendar events support start/end times
* Custom avatar and profile picture resizing
* Profile pictures can be saved to filesystem
* Statistics ordering
* Each attachment image type can be individually set to generate thumbnails or not
* Each attachment image type can be individually set to open in a new window or not
* Moderated posts and threads do not contribute to post count until approved
* Language chooser in footer
* New bbcode parser now corrects invalid tag nesting to ensure valid HTML
* New

im liking the evenbtual mail report thingy when replys to poasts are posted :p (drinking) :)

ARCADE MESSAGE said:
Warning: main(./includes/functions_arcade.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /arcade.php on line 155

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './includes/functions_arcade.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/micra/public_html/arcade.php on line 155

I cant get to the arcade...fwn

Thought i'd let ya know :rolleyes:

:k10: <-- P.S. Seams as this micra looks kinda old...

I thought i might make the 2 newer looking type's

Firstly -->
k1022ly.gif

and the Super S (Arnolds) -->
k1035ty.gif

You have got 2 K11's and 3 K12's ;p

He knows :p

The post at the top says older mods which arent available will be transferred over soon. This includes the garage. Cheers for letting us know tho

Glad You Like It Mate...

Hopefully my car will look like that one day...

well not this one, my next :p

K10's All The Way :k10: :laugh:

Well, should be any time soon:

Beta testing has already begun, and is already available to those who have purchased the branding free option. A final beta version will be released this week, with a public release aimed for Friday 21st October.

Back