*** Forum upgrade at some point today ***

James

Chairman
Taken from the front page:

Important!
There will be some downtime at some point today, as I will be upgrading the software on the forums, mainly to remove the amount of spam bots posting on the forums.

I am not sure when this is, but the downtime could be up to a couple of hours (but hopefully be less than that)

Thanks,
James.

In more detail, we will be upgrading from vBulletin 3.5.4 to 3.6.2, as this is not a MASSIVE version jump, I have done a check into all the additional stuff we have on the MSC, and all of these have reports of working on the new version so we will not (unlike the jump from 3.0 to 3.5) lose things like the Arcade etc. We may however loose the main theme for a while as I will need to manually go through the ENTIRE theme and edit it to be compatible with the forum so we may be running on a default looking theme for a few hours.

Just thought i'd let you all know this before I went changing things. As I'm sure you'll realise, the forum will be CLOSED during this time, but i'll upload a little shoutbox on the forum in the meantime that you can type stuff into (and yell at me to tell me to hurry up ;))

Any questions or whatever, ask in this thread (i'll also give you a 10 minute warning hehe)

James :)

Not for me its not, make sure your settings are correct in your control panel:

User CP > Edit Options

Make sure Time Zone is set to GMT and "Daylight Correction" is set to automatic :)

yep it is

lol ok now its changed
just realised if im loged in its fine for logged out members its an hour ahead

Unfortunately I can't, it will just say "The forum is closed" Sorry! :(

Plus as I will be upgrading the version of the arcade too thats not a brilliant idea lol

Well save the high scores!! i've racked up some good ones recently.

And you better be installing Deal or No deal with this upgrade ;)

ooh i'm looking forward to the shoutbox, can shout at Alan Partridge which sounds fun.

Will there be any differences for us?? Or is it mainly a security update??

Good lad!

Also with this upgrade, does it fix the 'Events' calendar sticking on past meets? :p

Don't suppose you can lose my 10% warning on this upgrade can you? LMAO

Arnold don't diss the events calendar. it's great!!! I want to know about meets which have already happened!!!!

Wow, looks good Jimbo, looks a lot prettier as well. I only glanced through it but some nice looking features.

What time you planning on bringing the site down?

Depends which one you played! some of them are pants. One of them is excellent

Lol it aint!! but thats not too bad!

the one i was referring to is JUST like the channel 4 version. Proper red boxes etc, but this one will suffice! I just got $5

Ah right, I prefer the US version tbh - I saw it on NBC when I was over there in December, and they get models to open all the boxes! lol

Arnold said:
Haha well it'l do for me! Im top now for 5 mins :) right, back to work.
You better believe it lol!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 179
James said:
That's insane!! Leave it to Kev to wipe the floor!! haha

What can I say I'm just an arcade legend!

muwhahaha!

Kev :laugh:

Kev said:
What can I say I'm just an arcade legend!

muwhahaha!

Kev :laugh:
That's why you only have the high score on one game now? :p :D

This is your 15 minute warning

The site will go offline for upgrade at 16:30:00 GMT

You'll see when I close it ;) Let's just say it's the second and last time this feature will appear on the MSC ;)

Okay, the upgrade went off without a hitch! Thanks to those who kept me company in the temporary chat room while I was upgrading ;)

If anyone does notice any bugs btw, please let me know :)

James.

Unfortunately, the default style seems to have broken the AJAX functionality, it doesn't affect the working of the forum, but it means it won't do some of the cool stuff - I'll fix it when I get home :)

James.

Back