For those who might be interested

Hmm wouldnt touch it. Pre face interior and reg plate on a facelift front and back. Also under bonnet is black which indicates its had a respray which theres no mention of

Hmm wouldnt touch it. Pre face interior and reg plate on a facelift front and back. Also under bonnet is black which indicates its had a respray which theres no mention of
Could just be someone that wanted panels that are rust free.... and the bay looks matt which probably means someone hit the hammerite whilst the engine was out :p

yeah stani, TBH I think if someone were to buy it an inspection in person would be a must as I'm sure there are many other details not mentioned

someone has put a lot of work into it eh, 1.6 mera gti lol fwn, gonna be hard to sell imo

yeah there is'nt a 1.6 gti mere I know, but for the right price it might go.

^This

• Interior and dash point to a mk2, possibly a late GX or special edition so 96-98
  • Exterior panels are definately mk4 so 01-03, would put a 50p bet that it's had a accident as you wouldn't wake up and decide to replace the crossmember, panels, bumper and lights for the fun of it.
  • Roof aerial is a mk1-2 job so 94-98
  • Rear view of the car looks suspect, the boot handles looks touched up and so does the number plate. Don't like the way the letters are wonky
  • The engine bay is black, not sure if the car has been resprayed or the engine bay has. Possibly the engine bay as there is black paint over the VIN plate.
  • A Almera GTi has a 2.0 engine and not a 1.6 as well

However if it turns out to be genuine then it may happily find a place outside my flat to live.

^This

• Interior and dash point to a mk2, possibly a late GX or special edition so 96-98
  • Exterior panels are definately mk4 so 01-03, would put a 50p bet that it's had a accident as you wouldn't wake up and decide to replace the crossmember, panels, bumper and lights for the fun of it.
  • Roof aerial is a mk1-2 job so 94-98
  • Rear view of the car looks suspect, the boot handles looks touched up and so does the number plate. Don't like the way the letters are wonky
  • The engine bay is black, not sure if the car has been resprayed or the engine bay has. Possibly the engine bay as there is black paint over the VIN plate.
  • A Almera GTi has a 2.0 engine and not a 1.6 as well

However if it turns out to be genuine then it may happily find a place outside my flat to live.

You know your stuff mike (Y)

I can see the point everyone is making but consider this...

1. If you are going to do major surgery to a car (Bigger engine etc.) you are not going to find the best one available. You are more than likely to use an accident damaged one. Which may explain the later front end, maybe even the dash. Providing the work has been carried out well there shouldnt be a problem. Panel gaps look ok from the pics. Its MOT'd so the headlamp aim etc. should be ok.

2. Perhaps its 'evolved'. Maybe the builder added the facelifted parts then the engine as budget and time dictated. Many projects like this dont start with a firm idea. As the seller states, he was building it as a rally car.

3. Could be down to lack of product knowledge. Every day people tell me things about cars I know to be untrue. Even though I have been a mechanic for hundreds of years and a petrolhead even longer I certainly dont know anything. This car looks to me like a bit of a scrapyard special. I'd bet the interior, engine, later panels have all come from the breakers. If you are buying an engine thats already out of the car and the bloke tells you its out an Almera 1600 GTI and you dont know otherwise...

As with any car for sale you should have a look at it in the flesh before comitting yourself. Pokey little pictures are never conclusive. I've bought cars that looked both better or worse in the pics. I never understand why so few people come to see our ebay cars before the auction ends as my pics tend to make cars look worse, LOL!

Wow, it's not even a GX, that car is a complete and utter mongrel.

According to FAST it started out a base-est of the base 1.0 L, with nothing to its name except a 2 speaker AM/FM stereo (even the mirrors weren't interally adjustable), that certainly isn't the interior, or exterior it was born with!

So to recap, it's had non-standardly fitted:

• Mk4 exterior, including rear lights and tailgate cowling
  • GX interior seats and doorcards
  • SR dials
  • Sunny steering wheel by the looks of it
  • SR/maybe GX centre console
  • 1.6 engine (it's still registered as a 1.0 according to DVLA)
And, as I love the MSC so, I've just spent £3 on a cheap HPI/stolen check, and there is some good news hiding in this car...
83600: Nissan Micra L VIN***5966 Jul 94
5 owners
No colour changes
No stolen record
Not scrapped
Help 08444821954
: We have no record of L638LCF being subject to a total loss claim by insurers. Help 08444821954

Its not a GX because its got a lock on the fuel cap. Seats and dials look like the ones that were in the 'S' and 'SR' models, about 1998ish? Just pre facelift.

I just dont see the problem as long as the works been done well and its impossible to say whether it has from the large print description or small pictures.

Rather than pick fault just look at it for what it is, You either like it and have the money to buy it and would happily part with your cash for it, or you hate it and therefore don't buy it. It could be that someone has just put an awful lot of work into making the car unique to their taste and fair play to them, i think it looks cool personally, i would rather have the original engine as i feel it is a better choice (1.3 obviously) all aluminium so lighter and better weight for the cars balance but still fair play and i bet it would be a hoot on hill climbs etc...... just my thoughts for what they are worth.

It doesn't look that bad to be honest. I quite like the colour scheme, and the side exit pipe is a nice touch. It's definitely got potential - I'd leave the engine in (provided the person who fitted it did a good job), and leave it with the facelift styling. Just whack a decent set of alloys on it, maybe strip it out and turn it into a track toy. I reckon you could have some fun with it (Y)

Back