FOR SALE: Pulsar GA16DE engine 1.6lt EFI VTC

CMF_Josn14

» CMF Member
*** ALREADY SOLD ***

Nissan GA16DE engine 1.6lt EFI - RUNNING for Demo.

Complete with 5 speed Gearbox + Wiring Loom + ECU computer + CAR!

Features:
- 1.6 Lt
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- VTC (Variable Timing Cams)
- 5 speed manual transmission
- New clutch
- New clutch cable
- New starter motor
- New coolant/water pump
- Regularly serviced.

Yes, thats right you get a complete engine with all the necessary spares for your engine conversion/replacement!

The only catch is - there is a still a complete (although damaged) car attached to the engine :)
But the good thing about this, is you can inspect the Engine while its RUNNING!
And because it has never been pulled apart, you can be sure nothing has been damaged in the process of wrecking - simply because its untouched!

And the best news - is you have a complete car-load of parts you can sell off - which means you can potentially make back the cost of you conversion/replacement and even make a profit if your willing.

So grab yourself a bargain now!

Please note this car is NOT wrecking, I need this WHOLE car gone.
So please don't call me asking for individual parts.

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
how many kms has the engine done? how much is shipping to vic? im definitely interested...

just want to clarify something... i thought the VTC GA16DE has black plastic rocker cover...

CMF_Josn14

» CMF Member
The car has done 190 000 km, but the engine is in excellent nick.
Has...
New water pump.
New starter motor.
New fuel pump.
New clutch.
New clutch cable.

The car is a N14 PULSAR 1993 model.
Its a Series II - Built in Japan for Australian domestic market.

Where as Series I was locally built in Australia (before Nissan closed the Aust factories).

The N14 series pulsar had a 'golden' Alloy rocker cover.
Where as the N15 series pulsar had a 'black' Plastic rocker cover (cut costs).
And yes, it has VTC. Google up some of the old N14 sales literature if your curious.

Sorry, I cant ship it, however you can organise shipping if you really wish.

Josn14 WROTE:

"And yes, it has VTC. Google up some of the old N14 sales literature if your curious.<BR><BR>.<BR>

googled it.. and like i thought, same system as the rb25, late model sr's etc. only the intake cam timing varies (hence why there is only one solenoid on the head, and one lump on the cam cover on the inlet side), which most tuners piss off anyway as its more of a hinderence then advantage when modifying. if it were vvl... well, that'd be wicked. some info can be found here: (for anyone else interested)http://www.nissanforums.com/ga16de-1-6l-engine/924-ga16de-variable-valve-timing.html

imo, you'd probably get better results off ebay if your only after $500 for the complete car.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
VTC was used in the S14 in 1993 and all rear drive SR20's from then on.
Never used on front drive versions of SR.
Most tuners aren't using a computer capabile of activating it? Those that can obviously disable the high rpm retard and probably carefully consider fitting aftermarket rods & pistons.

VVL (copy of VTEC) appeared on the SR around 1996 and only ever in Japan.

Back