F.S Micra with Ga16de conversion

CMF_evokanevo

» CMF Member
Aqua Micra 2 dr lx model with service history, no accident history and 2nd owner, first registered 1996.
Import/performance workshop owners personal toy.

Mods include:
Ga16de engine conversion
sports exhaust
k&n air filter/custom inlet pipe
Sr20 throttle body/ported inlet manifold
GTR fuel pump
Nismo Quickshift, h/d clutch
Lightweight 15" Jap wheels, near new tyres
oversize radiator/ electric water pump
Front brake upgrade/reco calipers,new disks,GAB pads
new driveshafts,wheel bearings,timing chains
etc etc
Car is reliable,cheap to run,quick and fun to drive.
$6100 ono
0425 331 719 (sms if unanswered)
No pics atm due to computer crash but will post some in the near future

CMF_evokanevo

» CMF Member
The Conversion was done about a year ago.I had taken detailed photos and step by step mods as i was goin to post it on this site to assist anyone wishing to do the conversion but the hard drive crashed....

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
evokanevo WROTE:

"

The Conversion was done about a year ago.I had taken detailed photos and step by step mods as i was goin to post it on this site to assist anyone wishing to do the conversion but the hard drive crashed....

ahhh big loss would have been extremely helpful info for a lot of people..

you should take some pics now anyway though and step us through what you remember anyway

CMF_evokanevo

» CMF Member
When i get a bit of time i will post what i can remember re the conversion, I found some pics as well so not all is lost..

The engine mounts were custom made for the front and drivers side, have to check what we did for the others... Engine was mounted so we could use the original length driveshafts and no mods were needed to the chassis rails.

I never took it to the track to race so no idea bout what time it would run.A mate has an evo8 mr and they are fairly evenly matched in acceration although the evo would be way quicker off the line...

Attachments

• 34236.jpg
    34236.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 37

CMF_evokanevo

» CMF Member
Radiator was N15, custom made mounts for it and had to cut a section of the radiator support to allow removal of radiator cap while not weakening the support too much. Also fitted a thermofan but due to radiator size it only needed it in traffic on a hot day...

The water pump internals were removed and the hole sealed up so it clears the chassis rail as I didnt want to cut/modify the rail in any way. Electric water pump was fitted as was a shorter fan belt.

I did have a engineer have a look at the car when we were doing the conversion and he said it would be no problems to pass it but i havent had time to do it and to be honest, totally forgot about it. Will organise it now though..

Thanks for the positive comments bout the car, it did take alot of hours thats for sure. Mates laughed when they heard we were doing up a micra but once we finished it they all love it. Despite us having a choice of import cars to drive it was common for arguements to start cause we all wanted to drive the micra

smidge

» CMF Member
tis a thing of beauty!! did you have to move or modify the brake and clutch setup at all?

it's really neat mate, keep coming back to this thread and repeatedly impressed...

smidge

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:

you have installed air con before ;)

which should give you an idea of how much i DON'T wanna do it again.. :D

if i had the coin i would seriously consider buying this... although 6gs buys you a fair bit of car... double the price of a normal good condition micra, almost a super S

whoever buys it is gonna love it though!

CMF_evokanevo

» CMF Member
I forgot to ad i also have the factory power window setup including door trims, factory power mirrors including switches etc, factory central locking too. These parts are included with the car..

CMF_evokanevo

» CMF Member
Havent been on the net for a bit hence the delay in reply...

Car has a few months rego and has no mechanical faults so will pass an inspection if need be...

I have consulted an engineer whilst doing the engine conversion to ensure a engineers certificate but havent got around to finalising it.

I can organise it all 4 sale of car...

Back